HP vs HMS - Macedo brokers a settlement

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo with MacedoMS, e-mailed me with a proposed settlement solution,
where John Hennessey will drop off my Viper parts this weekend, and Larry
will inspect them and drop-ship them to me. I will confirm this with a post,
when I receive the parts next week. I apologize if my earlier post was
too harsh - it was written in haste, and it was what I was thinking at the time. However - it was probably interpreted, by some - in the wrong way.
Even if I don't always agree with Larry, we have both sided with each other
in the past, and if I didn't believe him, I wouldn't be posting.
If things play out like Larry promised - then I'll have an extra set of Gen-I heads -complete with T & D rockers- upgraded to the max.
PEACE!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP..Am i missing something here? First your bashing HMS (which i understand), then your bashing Mercado (because of association), now your telling us that your working with HMS? Your stating that you were too HARSH but that is because your felt RIPPED OFF. Is your head spinning in circles? Now your promoting HMS & Mercado. Why wouldn't you ask for your $$$$$ back? Why would you want to deal with these people if you feel like a VICTIM? Why settle for anything less than your $$$$ back. Larry is now acting as your broker for parts from HMS. Are you now taking a soft approach because this is part of the deal brokered? If you add lots of suagar & spice in a retraction you will get your parts? I just don't get it.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometime you have to do what you have to do to get to an ending that fits your needs. Money might not be an option and having parts is the best that could be brokered. Either way HP has what is his and the other party did a stand up job where they didn't have to do a thing. My hats are off to the Marcedo's.

Your next assignment is to broker a settlement between TNT and myself.

TNT switched my 2001 block for a 1998 block and never told me. Some have said it amounts to outright theft of a block.
Switching a 2001 block for a 1998 block, giving the Viper back and not saying a word, no reciepts w/ vin # nothing. TNT is not the jewel others think they might be. This no matter what the cost will be settled in court. TNT can get out of this for under 5K but they think it is alright to swap motor blocks. They said it was because my pushrod ovaled and messed up the block. They said it was impossible to find my block once we discovered the switch. Once an Attorney got involved the block came back and they made an attempt to make it look like the block had work to repair the bad area. The problem is they did nothing to the block and I have a letter from 2 builders stating nothing was wrong with the block. I well known motor builder, racer that we all know said "THATS AMOUNTS TO THEFT OF YOUR BLOCK IN MY BOOK". iF IT WAS AN HONEST DEALING WHERE IS ALL THE PAPER WORK AND HE WENT ON TO SAY THAT HE never TOUCHES anything without first notifing the owner and inviting he/she in to see the problem first hand.

I would love for someone to broker a settlement and I understand why HP would take the parts and again the Macedo'd were great where they could have done nothing.

Rohn

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TNT switched my 2001 block for a 1998 block and never told me. Some have said it amounts to outright theft of a block.

Switching a 2001 block for a 1998 block, giving the Viper back and not saying a word, no reciepts w/ vin # nothing.

Wow...that is ****** up on so many levels...They just stole your block or everything???

How big is the oil pan on your car now?!?

That would be a dead giveaway if it has the smaller 8.5 quart and not the 10 quart!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hugh,
I hope it works out for you. Being one of the few who got their money back, I would be happy to see someone getting what they deserve, although nothing is worth what you had to go through to get it. Good luck.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemidaytna,

I don't mean to speak for HP, but he had a MAJOR issue with HMS in the past. I think he (and probably others) was not exactly 100% in support of Larry's recently announced new working relationship (or whatever you'd call it) with HMS - can't blame HP for that, he had a VERY bad deal with HMS. So in order to "work it out" Larry stepped up to the plate and worked out an equitable solution. HP isn't (as far as I know) "getting a set of free heads", he is getting the heads he was supposed to have gotten a long time ago. Sounds like it's a win-win for HP and Larry, and at least one more "issue" that HMS can attach closure to.

His name is real bad around these parts. I think that only by going through EACH of his previous "issues" and resolving them one by one would anyone trust him again. Let's hope this is an attempt to do that.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Larry ventured out he said he was going to provide parts that customers wanted. (I guess some people like those Gawd-awful Hennessey Aero packages.) If the return $$$ isn’t worth the hassle (dealing with HMS, escrow accounts, legalities, etc.) I imagine it will be a sector of Larry’s business that will be dropped.

I see both sides of this issue, but since I think the HMS parts look like crap I’m not overly concerned about it. Doug Levin has firmly entrenched himself as the “goto guy” for Viper performance. Why waste time with HMS?

I’ll be going to Larry for some track alignment work. Larry – schedule a Saturday or Sunday for me will ya?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP..Am i missing something here? First your bashing HMS (which i understand), then your bashing Mercado (because of association), now your telling us that your working with HMS? Your stating that you were too HARSH but that is because your felt RIPPED OFF. Is your head spinning in circles? Now your promoting HMS & Mercado. Why wouldn't you ask for your $$$$$ back? Why would you want to deal with these people if you feel like a VICTIM? Why settle for anything less than your $$$$ back. Larry is now acting as your broker for parts from HMS. Are you now taking a soft approach because this is part of the deal brokered? If you add lots of suagar & spice in a retraction you will get your parts? I just don't get it.

So now HMS is going to give HP what he wants and there's still a problem!? I can only sit back and laugh at this one. Now people are gonna be jumping out of the wood work because HP is getting his parts? If he would've gotten his money back you'd probably be mad that he accepted it and persecuted him for not going the 'criminal prosecution' route or something. Amazing.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey,
If HP gets his parts back it will be great. That doesn't take away from the fact that Hennessey is a criminal, does it? Lets not forget, bad customer service and tying up peoples money for great lengths of time, only scratch the surface of his criminal actions. I guess if a ****** says he's sorry to all of his victims, it makes him an upstanding trustworthy member of society? I think not!

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See he finally got his part after a few months of ******** and moaning. Did you expect to keep quite and get the part on time? Doing business with HMS isn't that bad is it? You didn't get screwed did you? :laugh:

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Bitten
Yes it does **** when a tuner would take your 2001 block and make a switch and not tell you about it until they got caught. Now they are saying they did it to help. I ask help how, drive the price of my 2001 down by 15 thousand. Why would any tuner take a part from a customers Viper and never tell you or ask you if they could. I was just told of another person that bought a new rear end from my friends. He pulled it and sure it was new but not in the last year or 2.
Tuners no matter who they are need to start being honest or close down. Now that my Attorney has got my block back TNT is continuing to play games. They have my crank caps and are refusing to return them. I have paid them every dollar they have ever asked for and they treat a good customer like this. There days are also numbered, Viper owners will soon know that they have to watch TNT extremely close. I personally think they are washed up anyway. They have not been able to produce any speed in a long while. They keep running the same old numbers while RSI comes out and flys by TNT like they are stalled, or better yet another Nitros explosion.
If TNT has had your motor check your Vin number.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the real victim may turn out to be Larry. Especially when all the screwed over HMS customers are lined up at his door.

This action has set a precedent for all the other HMS victims. IMO