HRE smaller looking?

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been searching posts on wheels. it seems many say 18" HRE appear smaller than stock, due to ..... so do 19"HRE look like stock size wheels? gotta fill those wells out somehow and lowering it aint an option and the last hing i want is to drop some coin and have exactly the opposite; smaller looking wheels

ps; JonB, i havent forgot about you, when i get my mind made up on these damnn wheels dilema youll be the first man i call.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you look into the new 19' John Purner wheel? It is a one piece wheel, and should really fill those wells... I think only $3,000 as well. My only advice is to have the wheel clear coated if it isn't already done, for ease of cleaning.

You must be registered for see images

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had HRE 547's 19/20" on my vette. I am going to go with 545's 18/19" for the Viper. I didn't have clear coat on them. Clear coat will not shine as much as just polished. Also if you should damage or scrape a wheel it's an easy fix with just a polished wheel. My friend clear coated his HRE's and he regrets it. The clear coat around the bolts and between the lip and rim is coming off
pissed.gif

I do agree with you as far as them looking small. HRE does make a different lip now that makes them look bigger
smile.gif

You must be registered for see images

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3-piece wheels will always look smaller than 1-piece wheels. You may want to consider 1-piece wheels like the CCW above, or some Fikse wheels.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alternative:
3-piece wheels will always look smaller than 1-piece wheels. You may want to consider 1-piece wheels like the CCW above
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgeline VR1s have that "LARGE LOOK" you seek. So will the Purners. The HREs don't have the "R" look in Viper sizes.

"Ready When You Are, Purner's Too"

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i pappreciate the opinions on certain makes and models but as for my taste, 545, 546, or 547 are the only ones i like other than stock (which i tolerate) those other styles; just dont like em. i guess im s.o.l. huh

BTW, JonB; tires; 345/30/19 rear with 295/35/18 front. what would be rim size with this tire setup? is this the biggest widest i could go without noticable perf/hand issues? also should i do eibochs with this setup?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rdustman:
....BTW, JonB; tires; 345/30/19 rear with 295/35/18 front. what would be rim size with this tire setup? is this the biggest widest i could go without noticable perf/hand issues? also should i do eibochs with this setup? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the "current" tire of choice. No one seems th think of FUTURE tire availability as you upsize! The fronts might become obsolete, as there are no OE fitments of this size.

The rear results in 1.2" "taller" rear and a 5.6% speedo error.
That is, when you read 100mph, you are going 106. When you read 50 mph you are going 53. And, this 'raises' the center of gravity, never a good thing on a race car. So, some folks lower the rear with an Eibach kit.($299) Or 3-way adjustable shocks/springs ($2475 set of 4)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96