Huge Drag Race Event Today......And the WINNER is.......

Reaction score
Congrats to RSI for their 1st place showing in todays event. Vipers took almost all or the top 5 places against supras and vettes.

Big numbers were

TNT 9.50 ( Nick Fields)
RSI 9.61 ( SW )
Albert Chlouber 9.84 ( Jason Herrea )
Mark Heidaker / Norm Koerner Venom Turbo Car 9.8? (Scott W.)
Rohn Kittle 10.20 No Clutch
Dr. Roof 10.50 3rd Place Overall
Jason Styles 10.60 ( Bob Helms )
Titan motorsports broke thier record it was a 8 sec pass, but broke after.

Lots of fast cars. One of the best events I have been to.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn! I really wanted to make it to that! I was trying to find a flight home from Tampa instead. :(

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was great day for racing!!
Supra Nationals= 1st,2nd,3rd, and 5th place for Vipers!!

It was great seeing everyone at the track again (Albert,SW, NORM, Mark H, Golder, Nick and Steve U and others) felt like old times
RSI took first with TNT showing up strong today placing second and David (dr.Roof) placing third was a great way to cap of the day!Welcome to TEXAS Dr.Roof ...how was the pressure?!

Great time guys and GOOOD JOB!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to RSI for their FIRST place. TNT did show and put down a good run. Dr. Roof after a 30 hour drive took an over all 3rd place.

My car dyno'd last night at over 1000rwhp on nitros. Thanks to (RSI) Gerald and his ability to find and collect the finest motor artist that the Viper world has even known. RSI produced a motor for my Viper that another tuner could have never come close to building.

Special thanks to Albert Chlouber for driving my car today. Albert has Ice running through his veins when it comes to driving, real cool composure. Next time the clutch will hold or we will have several replacements. I could not of had a better driver for my car today, clutch or no clutch. With a burnt clutch Albert managed to stay in the race throughout the day and while their was not a win, coming in 5th was like a win to me.
Thanks Albert :cool:

Rohn
1000+hp RSI Viper

I will post the dyno slips in the next couple of days.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! 9's are really commonplace these days. Hope to see several at the V10 event.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert, could you post the mile-n-hour for those E.T's?
Thanks!
What about those 900 plus rwhp Supras?

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A DVD will be avaliable in a couple of weeks...email me and I will pass on the info to where you can get one.

the quickest run of the day was from the 2002 street tire champion Titian Motorsports Supra...8.9 @ 163!!!! but blew a head gasket right before it was to take on Rohn/Albert at the line.

I love the Idea that 9's have become common in Texas...and if you MPH below 142 in the Unlimited Class you often hear people in the crowd wondering if something is wrong...amazing.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant
I have already e'd the DVD guy and ordered 4, Albert, Gerald you and I, iet.
It was a great day and one of the better times that I have had. The only questionable time was at the dinner table last night.

Rohn
RSI Unlimited at over 1000RWHP

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a great event! I had a blast. I mean you can feel the tension between the TEXAS Vipers. They really go at it hard. I was scared I would get caught in the cross fire!

I was able to get some good seat time and learn more about my car. As well as hang out with some awesome Viper owners. and be a part of spanking some RICE!

There was several 9 sec Vipers here. Just wait until May 2-3 V-10 Nationals! RSI vs TNT rematch??? you never know.

Thanks Texas for a great time.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROHN, did i read where you said TNT was yesterday's player? If i read the posting right they had the quickest viper at 9.50, to me it indicates they are still alive and kicking [******] hard.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronviper
Yes they did get a 9.5 and change and saying that every dog has their day, even I will. They had their rented viper, open checkbook, shot a 600 shot and turned in especially to my surprise a 9.5 and change.
RSI has the 1st place and will always have it for that day in time. RSI still has the #1 quickest Viper and has built the # 1 motor only car, this is also a fact.
RSI had 4, maybe 5 cars their and tnt only had one car, a loaner.
Changes nothing as time will show.

If if and if will play out at Beachbend, you need to show up and cheer for your friends at TNT.

Another great part of the race was RSI putting on a fish fry for 50 supporters that came up and watched SW driving the unlimited RSI car to a first place.

The day's best was 8.9 by a Supra teams.

Being all washed up, finished and done never means that anyone can't get lucky, even myself.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn, i like all viper owners and tuners until they show me personally that they cann't be trusted. As you know not all customers will have the same luck and i have never done business with TNT therefore cannot wish them any bad luck. I have read many of your post and am very happy your project is successful, congrats. Numbers like that should put you firmly in the 9's, with some of the RSI big hitters.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronviper
The viper that tnt rents, borrows belongs to Tony Kirk. TNT has used and raced that viper for years and if you ask them they will tell you that in that car they have turned 9.5's before. So same old car, same old motor so why should anyone be surprised. What I need to see to believe that TNT is still in the hunt is a new product(Different Viper)that will make the same numbers and not from swapping motors from one Viper to another. :eek: :ooo: Tony has always wanted to be number one as per Nickky. Nickky takes care of Tony's wishes as far as what he wants, a number 1 car. Kirk as per Nickky opened his check book and told Nickky to go for it and that is what Tony got for his dollars spent, a 600 shot and a 9.5 car.
And I will end with " you and I have no problems". If you ever do business I suggest that you hang around the shop every day, check vin numbers and more. At last we do have an honest Texas Tuner that understands that his word is his bond. A shop that does not have to play games, RSI is in just under 1 year one of the great places to bring your Viper for an honest job without fear of games being played at the owners expense.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn
The problem i have with this picture is only one viper has et better than TNT 9.50 which is RSI 9.48. Either TNT was miles ahead or the viper community has not progressed very much in the last few years. Rembember in racing there is no excuse it's not how much boost, Nos or Turbo's that counts it's the timeslip that counts. There is many ways to get to the end of the 1320 but people only remember the winner.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
RSI has a best pass of 9.45. But their motor pass of 10.10 is beyond what anyone else has done but Lingenfelter at 10.25. Yesterday proves you can never count TNT out. It was a great day of racing. May 2nd in Bowling Green looks like it is going to be a blast.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ronviper
I agree that no one ever remembers who came in second place except in "Tin cup". Miles ahead or was anyone really trying? In the day's when tnt left JH how many tuners were their? You might want to think about this, RSI in under 1 year old and holds the motor and the et records. If RSI had been in it 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago when would the record have fallen.
I am trying not to take away the fact that TNT has A fast car driven by our boy Nickky. When I was looking for tuners in 2001 all I was told of was John and TNT, my only choices. Today with more tuners, the SC coming on strong I personally feel that TNT will drop towards the bottom of the list. When Doug starts bringing his vipers into the 9's daily, he already runs in the 150's, Heffner, Roe and others it will be hard for TNT to stay on top or close. I have never discounted the fact that the rented, borrowed Viper is fast. After all this time we would hope it was fast and in the hunt. Where is the next Tony Kirk for TNT and how will they treat him/her?
After all the years of pushing the King snake manifold and all the nitros backfire explosions they go back to a stock manifold. Maybe if they no longer believe in their own product (ie) King Snake manifold they need to do a recall and a refund :eek: :eek: .
Have a great day.
Rohn

Reaction score
I thought it was. I remember reading SW's post about it. I seem to remember him saying that the engine has 12:1 compression. At least I "think" that's what he wrote. Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong about that. If that's the case, comparing his times to Bryce's LPE times is not a heads up situation as I'm pretty sure Bryce's car was a pump gas car.

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As well as hang out with some awesome Viper owners. and be a part of spanking some RICE!
Very mature comment. As I recall, the only "rice" spanking you did was take the win to a 9 second Supra (who's owner daily drives it to school as an only car) simply because he red lighted. Congratulations on running the mid 10s regardless. I could only muster an 11.46 @ 120 on drag radials at the same event - TX2K3.

John H

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of you!! Sounds like May 2/3 is going to be a lot of fun.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronviper
Yes they did get a 9.5 and change and saying that every dog has their day, even I will. They had their rented viper, open checkbook, shot a 600 shot and turned in especially to my surprise a 9.5 and change.

The car actually had a 600 shot of NOS? WOW

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was. I remember reading SW's post about it. I seem to remember him saying that the engine has 12:1 compression. At least I "think" that's what he wrote. Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong about that. If that's the case, comparing his times to Bryce's LPE times is not a heads up situation as I'm pretty sure Bryce's car was a pump gas car.

You are right, you can't compare my car to Bryce's LPE car. His is a 542ci, mine's a 510ci. Also, my car does not have 12:1 compression.

I just wanted to say I had a blast yesterday. It was great seeing all the guy's again. Nick from TNT was, as always, a great competitor and a nice guy. We usually go back and forth on our wins, I guess it was my turn this time. I also want to thank the guy's at RSI for changing the clutch in the car at the track and allowing me to make to the finals.

SW

Reaction score
SW: Mea Culpa. I could have sworn you said your engine was 12:1. You ran a 10.10 on pump gas? That's impressive.

MichaelP: No, Mr Kirk's car does not have 600 hp of nitrous.

Rohn: Something that I think would be interesting, but may never happen, would be to see your car line up against Tony's car, motor against motor.

Albert: 9.90's on motor only has already been done.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Greg,

I can't remember who said this about the 600 shot. Someone was talking to Nick and he said the first stage was a 400 and the second stage was a 200. Might not be true but thats what was going around the track. Nick didn't seem like he was wanting to talk much. I hope everything is ok and see you guys May 2nd in Bowling Green.

Rohn's car will be up against all the TNT cars in the future. I ran a 10.60 on motor with a bad wrist and hand in a car with no clutch. His car is on fire and should give you guys a good run.

I was also thinking of a motor run with a six speed not automatic.

Reaction score
Albert: 600 without direct port injection? Your experience with nitrous should tell you that's a recipe for molten pistons. Too much cylinder to cylinder variation fom dumping that much in at the throttle body. If Nick said that he was being facetious.

I think Rohn's car against Tony's car would be a good heads up motor only race. All this nitrous stuff doesn't do much for this head porter.

I wasn't aware that an automatic car was faster than a clutch car. Hmmmmmmm....have I missed something?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang