HUGE NEWS , WE ALL NOW HAVE......AVATAR MAN!!!!!!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, it was not my decision, it was the web site committee, I just forwarded a recommendation, we all agreed. You have been doing GREAT work on the registry!

well then thanks to the committee - again!

i also really appreciate the compliment on the registry work!

i actually feel that i have been letting you guys down a bit though! as work slows into the winter months, i want to concentrate on the data entry part again and a little less time on the pics as good pics are getting harder to find now. i am very happy that jay and i are nearing 1500 photos now in the registry! i think we started out with a little over a 100?!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, now I want an alternate flashing picture of my new SRT with the GTS, I could no way figure out how to do that so I had to sucker you in. Then there is the matter of the winking headlights, have you seen that one? I want that too. I will send you screen shots of that one. This is wonderful!

Stuff like that, isn't going to slow down the site anymore is it?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Lee, did you forward AvatarMan the email I sent you? If not I'll resend it tonight.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I plan on a new avatar how long will it take to get up and what do I need to do to get it to you E-mail where? >>

rob, i will be reading over all the material in the next couple of days and expect to be doing avatars by monday. (fingers crossed)

wow there is alot of people waiting! if you guys want, go ahead and send your pics over to my email address right now. i have already received a few, so go right ahead if you know what you want.
E-mail sent! I couldn't decide which pic so i figured you could choose lol.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< E-mail sent! I couldn't decide which pic so i figured you could choose lol. >>

that'll work! i will suprise ya!

go ahead bonkers, just send it on over.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, now I want an alternate flashing picture of my new SRT with the GTS, I could no way figure out how to do that so I had to sucker you in. Then there is the matter of the winking headlights, have you seen that one? I want that too. I will send you screen shots of that one. This is wonderful!

You are kidding right?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow great idea. Can you change from picture to picture. Like a little rotating. TOOFAST had that once and i never knew how he got his like that!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Ok, now I want an alternate flashing picture of my new SRT with the GTS, I could no way figure out how to do that so I had to sucker you in. Then there is the matter of the winking headlights, have you seen that one? I want that too. I will send you screen shots of that one. This is wonderful! >>

i do need to figure out how to do that - i have always liked those!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Wow great idea. Can you change from picture to picture. Like a little rotating. TOOFAST had that once and i never knew how he got his like that! >>

i need to get ahold of beep - his avatar does this.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big:

For the changing avatars, you just need to create an "animated gif". Applications like PaintShop Pro will do this for you with ease. BTW - I think you are about to get flooded with requests, both normal & animated...

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Wow great idea. Can you change from picture to picture. Like a little rotating. TOOFAST had that once and i never knew how he got his like that! >>

i need to get ahold of beep - his avatar does this.
Cool, if you figure this out can you change and animate mine? Thanks buddy!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big has now been absent for 12 minutes, I think he is reading those emails and realizing what I got him into. Hellooo, AVATAR MAN, are ya still with us?

i was reading your emails and polishing my AVATAR sword lee!
You must be registered for see images

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are kidding right?

No, really. This site takes longer to load then any other I have ever been on. This is on many different systems. I think it is all the flashing banners and stuff up top.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUCD VPR - are you sure you want these as your avatar? i think it is suppose to be viper related?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

:D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are kidding right?

No, really. This site takes longer to load then any other I have ever been on. This is on many different systems. I think it is all the flashing banners and stuff up top.

I think you may have a problem elsewhere on your computer, the board WAS very slow up to a few months ago when a MAJOR overhaul was done, everyone has since commented that it is very fast. There will shortly be another software upgrade that will take it to even the next step. Depending on what your system is running you may need an upgrade. NORTON now takes up so much space and speed that if your computer is 2-3 years old it will really slow down when anything is going on if outlook or any other email program is running causing Norton to kick in, and email comes in all the time so norton is always kicking in. Spyware is also an issue with speed, adaware is great as are several other programs but they can't catch it all. If your hard drive has not been professionally looked at for two years and cleaned by experts I guarantee it is full of stuff slowing it down. Not just my humble opinion but the opinion of a guy who manages his own network at work. I see you say many systems, well the home one may be full of stuff as I mention above and if you are logging in at work and it's slow on a major network, guess what, your company is running spyware to record what you are looking at, and yes all those banners and ads will really slow the system down while the spyware takes screenshots and records it all. Food for thought.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big, breaking news I should have mentioned...VIPERS ONLY IN AVATARS. Those is the rules, allows everyone to know who is an owner.

i know lee - i was just pulling Jims leg! ROFLMAO

I COULD NOT RESIST!! LOL (pounding desk)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are kidding right?

I think you may have a problem elsewhere on your computer, the board WAS very slow up to a few months ago when a MAJOR overhaul was done, everyone has since commented that it is very fast. There will shortly be another software upgrade that will take it to even the next step. Depending on what your system is running you may need an upgrade. NORTON now takes up so much space and speed that if your computer is 2-3 years old it will really slow down when anything is going on if outlook or any other email program is running causing Norton to kick in, and email comes in all the time so norton is always kicking in. Spyware is also an issue with speed, adaware is great as are several other programs but they can't catch it all. If your hard drive has not been professionally looked at for two years and cleaned by experts I guarantee it is full of stuff slowing it down. Not just my humble opinion but the opinion of a guy who manages his own network at work. I see you say many systems, well the home one may be full of stuff as I mention above and if you are logging in at work and it's slow on a major network, guess what, your company is running spyware to record what you are looking at, and yes all those banners and ads will really slow the system down while the spyware takes screenshots and records it all. Food for thought.

Brand new G5 with Cable (cox)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are kidding right?

Hey, whatever, not dumping on ya, it's just the first slow comment I have heard in over two months. I have cable too, some days faster than norm, some days not so great, depends on your distance fom the source, one block and you are speeding, 20 miles, not so great. Also remember you are sharing the pipe with everyone on the street, if you have 50 houses with teenage gamers on line between you and the source you are screwed, if you live downwind of a retirement community your speed will be like lightning, no ones in the pipe but you. If you have broad band cable and this site still loads slow I would complain to the cable company.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are kidding right?

Hey, whatever, not dumping on ya, it's just the first slow comment I have heard in over two months. I have cable too, some days faster than norm, some days not so great, depends on your distance fom the source, one block and you are speeding, 20 miles, not so great. Also remember you are sharing the pipe with everyone on the street, if you have 50 houses with teenage gamers on line between you and the source you are screwed, if you live downwind of a retirement community your speed will be like lightning, no ones in the pipe but you. If you have broad band cable and this site still loads slow I would complain to the cable company.

Compared to other sites I visit, this is just way slower. Cable or no cable. It always has been. I was just asking if more headlight flashy thingies are going off, will it slow down more?.... :) You can tell I am not a real computer genuis. BUT I know slow when I see it. Kinda like a mustang. :)

Sorry about the HiJack. Now back to Avatar Man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456