Hurricane Sandy

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We already sent crews from our company and I have a feeling there will be more once they see what the total damage is after the storm is done. It sounds like its going to be a wild storm, best of luck to those in its path.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went through Andrew in 92. Watching the news now, it's honestly a little more than I expected up there. Stay safe guys.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hop in your Vipers and skip town. Save the snake, and if there's time, put the dog in the trunk.

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost the lights but got my generator running , a tree just crashed down across the street but the only thing I'm thinking about if my viper is safe at chuck Tators garage!!! Does any remember if there was a lot of trees by his shop!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone comes thru this Safe & minimal damage. We feel for ya. We go thru this too frequently. And every storm is different in ways. The aftermath isn't easy to deal with either. Be safe. We're praying for everyone. :usa:

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures from the NJ shore are insane. our local PA news hasn't focused too much on the northern NJ/NY points yet, we'll get those pictures in the morning. Stay safe everyone. As always, we have a pet friendly room on high ground if anyone needs it.

Diane

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a good time here in Maryland. Love that big Honda Generator! Power gone a few hours back, winds 50 to 80, sounds like a V0 at the top of second gear when it winds up, huge Oak trees moving back and forth a few feet is the scariest. Full moon high tide at 7am the next problem for those of us who live on the water with boats.
Ocean City pier is gone, huge pier with big buildings on it video shot from miles away, watch the time frame video, looks liike the Titanic sinking with all the lights winking out.

http://www.examiner.com/video/ocean-city-md-fishing-pier-destroyed-by-sandy

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I just woke up from being worried sick about everyone and probably can't sleep for the remainder of the night... for those who are experiencing Sandy please keep feeding us updates on here.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine what it's like on the east coast. We are expecting 50 mph gusts and 28 foot waves here in the Port of Indiana (Lake Michigan's south tip.) I might take a look after work tonight.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flooding for the new guy "HobokenViper" might be pretty bad. Storm surge in a few hours.

I was lucky enough to get out of town just before they closed all the bridges and tunnels and made it up to my in-law's house in Westchester with a big back-up generator to ride out the storm. Our building in Hoboken is right on the Hudson River and became part of the River/Atlantic Ocean last night. Taped windows before we left as we are on the 7th floor and facing the water, but also had to leave my new Viper behind, although she is on the 3rd floor tucked away in a very sheltered corned of the garage with the cover on, so it should be ok. Last I heard from friends and family this morning that live in Hoboken and stayed there last night was that the whole town was basically destroyed and I don't know if I have a home to come back to if my windows blew out of shattered from the 90+ mph winds. Won't be able to get home for several days from what it sounds like to see how things are..... Hope everyone else that was affected by Sandy is ok!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get out of town just before they closed all the bridges and tunnels and made it up to my in-law's house in Westchester with a big back-up generator to ride out the storm. Our building in Hoboken is right on the Hudson River and became part of the River/Atlantic Ocean last night. Taped windows before we left as we are on the 7th floor and facing the water, but also had to leave my new Viper behind, although she is on the 3rd floor tucked away in a very sheltered corned of the garage with the cover on, so it should be ok. Last I heard from friends and family this morning that live in Hoboken and stayed there last night was that the whole town was basically destroyed and I don't know if I have a home to come back to if my windows blew out of shattered from the 90+ mph winds. Won't be able to get home for several days from what it sounds like to see how things are..... Hope everyone else that was affected by Sandy is ok!

Man that's bad :( Wishing everyone the best from this side of that dreaded Atlantic, you are all in my thoughts!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost the lights but got my generator running , a tree just crashed down across the street but the only thing I'm thinking about if my viper is safe at chuck Tators garage!!! Does any remember if there was a lot of trees by his shop!

Hey oilman not many trees on his side ... Lots across the street but shouldn't be any threat to the garage itself.

Hope you're well... I'm in Elmsford and full power but my parents place in White Plains got hit pretty badly. Let me know if you need anything!
-Ed

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shark swimming down the street in Wildwood NJ.

You must be registered for see images attach
I was doing a lil' searching today on yahoo & Guess What, this pic is PHOTOSHOPPED! It had a list of the TOP 10 Pics on youtube & other various media outlets that are being shown from Sandy that are Photoshopped & this is ONE of them! It was a good one though!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a damn good one though! This detail nerd usually spots these kind of things right away but after some more time of looking at the pic the splashing water looks a bit un-natural.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456