Hybernation ...

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadly, just four days (and raining) until the insurance expires and the RT goes to sleep for the winter.

I have changed the oil.
Filled the tank and ran with high-grade and Stabilizer.
Added air in the tires.
Washed down, (wax to come).
Carpet under the tires.
Dry unheated garage (Vancouver goes to 10 below freezing max)
Anti-freeze is up.
Car cover
Should I put the top on?
Battery Tender on to the terminal under the hood OK?

Did I miss anything? She should be re-emerging in April.

:blah:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put the top on so that it doesn't shrink.

I did the same to my car a few weeks ago, minus the carpet & battery tender. But the garage only drops into the 30's.

Nick

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that the viper has insurance. He most likely drops the comp....I do the same...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand all the folks who drop comp. to save a couple hundred bucks (IF THAT)..

You guys DO realize that If something happened to your car. (i.e. fire, theft,something drops on the hood,roof,roof falls in on the car,etc,etc) You either have no coverage OR you will be fighting with your homeowners and/or property carrier on the cars value, EVEN IF there is coverage.. You think they are paying what YOU think its worth? Think again..

You have these great stated value policies that are there to cover you in an event like this.. Cancel them off season, and what are you saving?? About the price of 1 dinner?? NOT WORTH IT GUYS!!!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drop my collision. Don't think that I will be crashing into anything while it's parked. Saved $200 from Nov-Jan.

Nick

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Over-inflate tires to 40psi or so.
Big sheet of plastic under the car to prevent condensation (I used to just use a tarp).
I always left the top off to let the interior breathe. If you are putting on the top and closing the car up, put some desiccant bags in it.
Not sure if a frozen windshield washer reservoir can split or not, mine was always empty, but if you have fluid in it I would make sure it has enough alcohol in it to not freeze.
Battery tender to the terminal under the hood works great.
Moth Balls are evil, never use them near a car.

I never used one but I love the idea of the car capsules.

DSC_0488.JPG

Mouse Traps, Mouse Traps, Mouse Traps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if a frozen windshield washer reservoir can split or not, mine was always empty, but if you have fluid in it I would make sure it has enough alcohol in it to not freeze.

Right! I think there is clear water in the windshield washer reservoir, thanks for reminding me!

Got to like this forum!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just storage insurance. BTW insurance is $1900 per year here in BC.

thats my point, its not worth it to take it off the car. trust me you dont wanna compare insurance costs with a guy from NJ and especially one who got a big ticket this year...lol

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a block of wood under the windshield wiper arms to lift the blades off the glass.

Otherwise you look good to go.

Why?

Found out yesterday that I left the V1 plugged in. Security is off, and nobody is stealing the car. :rolaugh:

Nick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine