I-70 Speedway Visit (pictures)

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My photographer(my 15 year old daughter) and I visited I-70 Speedway in Odessa, MO. today. It's a high banked 1/2 asphalt oval track. It was their practice day so we got squeezed in a few laps. The guys that hit those corners at 100mph plus are nuts.
5842parked.jpg

Waiting for my turn.

5842front_straight.jpg

Here we go.

5842Turn_1.jpg

The banks don't seem that high until it feels like your sliding out the drivers door and are about to tip over.

OP
OP
P

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 seconds
Does anyone in Odessa have a Viper? We stopped at the local Taco place and thought the Viper was going to cause an accident in the parking lot. The kids were driving by with picture phones hanging out the window and not watching where they were going.

I was going to set up a Viper night at I-70 where we can do a few laps at intermission but it's not a very Viper friendly place. The other racers liked it and commented that my car has more horse power then their late models but getting there on Interstate 70 through Missouri I think I wore out a set of shocks. Then you have to drive on a gravel drive to get to the track and the track isn't the smoothest surface, lots of loose pebbles and stuff. But it was fun driving on the high banks.
Tim

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
California Speedway has 17 degree banked turns. Looks like that is about the same banking. That last shot is really dramatic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4