I asked Ralph about mule ride height..

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what he replied....

'@RalphGilles: “@BstInTheWorld19: why do viper mules ride so high vs production ride height?” cars are coming in much lighter & supplier is out of spec.'

Whats out of spec mean?

--RS

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He likely means that the company producing the coil springs has the spring rate too high, which makes the cars sit higher. So, the springs aren't the correct spec.

The question is, will SRT fix that before sending them out the door?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have time for another question, when do we get to see the SRT hood? I am curious if it will look the same or slightly different from what was on the cover of Viper Magazine.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what he replied....

'@RalphGilles: “@BstInTheWorld19: why do viper mules ride so high vs production ride height?” cars are coming in much lighter & supplier is out of spec.'

Whats out of spec mean?

--RS

I like the "much lighter" comment. Hopefully they we adjust the springs accordingly and we will get an even lighter Viper!! :drive:

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet with the right driver and conditions, we will see 10.7 1/4 mile times. Maybe 10.4-5 on drag radials. Not bad for stock.

It's going to be a challenge to get that much power to the ground, but it can be done.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If things go well, I'll be at the track in my Gen V right after I pick it up. Went 10.93 in my stock 08, can't imagine what the 13 will do with better gearing and 40 more hp!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, it sure would be nice to have the car come in a few hundred pounds lighter when it hits the showrooms. Talk about sandbagging the numbers at the unveiling. If they were able to drop some pounds, that would really be spectacular.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just imagine. If the regular coupes are coming in "much lighter", then the upcoming ACR with ******** package will be a sub 7 minute Nurburgring retard. Hope we are reading this "much lighter" thing the right way. That would also mean you have to throw out the previous pwr/wght number and put the G5 coupe second to the Veyron:smirk: Ferrari wont be happy lol.

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just imagine. If the regular coupes are coming in "much lighter", then the upcoming ACR with ******** package will be a sub 7 sec Nurburgring retard. Hope we are reading this "much lighter" thing the right way. That would also mean you have to throw out the previous pwr/wght number and put the G5 coupe second to the Veyron:smirk: Ferrari wont be happy lol.

I imagine that it didn't lose enough weight to knock off a sub 7 sec ring time.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible!!!

The fight to hold weight and meet weight targets during development testing is long and painful. For the Viper team to have reduced weight during development testing is a real feather in their hat!:2tu:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've posted it before and here it is again. Ralph and SRT have given me everything I asked for in the old "wish list" thread. And now the weight is lighter than planned also. Thanks SRT for giving us a Viper that inspires us to work hard so we can buy one.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I bet if they put my fat **** in it, it would be at the perfect ride height. Ralph let me know if you need me to be the test driver to make everyone happy about the wheel well gap. ;)

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He likely means that the company producing the coil springs has the spring rate too high, which makes the cars sit higher. So, the springs aren't the correct spec.

The question is, will SRT fix that before sending them out the door?

I just hope so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang