I can't believe I purchased a 94' RT/10!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can\'t believe I purchased a 94\' RT/10!

I'm rollin' with the big boys now! It was just a dream for over 12 years and now it became a reality for me. I must have looked at over half a dozen Vipers before purchasing this 94' with 5500 miles. My friends told me to get another Stealth and mod it and my wife hated the idea of spending over $30K on any vehicle. After searching for two months I got through it and found the one. :D I went from being a nobody to being a celebrity over night.
I haven't had time to take pics yet, I just got it friday evening and it rained today, but here is a link to ebay where I found it. It didn't meet reserve but I called and met up with him and offered $33k which was 3k less than he was asking. It's bone stock but has two soft tops in great condition and a hardtop. Can anyone tell which hardtop it is? It has the twin dome bubbles like the GTS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Dodge-Viper-RT-10-5400-Miles-Excellent-Cond_W0QQitemZ4647809171QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Overall it's in great condition, the paint is like a 9.7 with the exception of minor bubbling on the driver side sill and some scratches on the rear decklid from the hardtop, but I plan on getting that professionally touched up when I get some cash again. I've already done my first bit of tweaking and re-aligned the hood myself by adjusting the latches and the bumpstops and now it looks level and even.

I need to join the Motor City chapter once I recoup some cash so I can get tips and assistance.
One thing I did notice on the way home was what sounds like a clunk similar to backlash or slop in the drivetrain when I buck the throttle. It's not very loud but I guess it happens to many vipers from what I read. It drives great though. Any thoughts?

I'm from Dearborn, Any local owners?

I know, I haven't taken pics, so I'll beat you to it...
:needpics:

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I can\'t believe I purchased a 94\' RT/10!

Congrats!!! :2tu: I hear you on the celebrity status now. Most people here don't even know what kind of car it is.

Larz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the new car!! Welcome to the FAMILY!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice car! Welcome to the party :nana: If you didnt know, red is fastest :headbang: The top is a Mopar hardtop. Be careful and always be sure the wheels are straight before you punch the gas!

TXViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

you think you are excited now?

JUST WAIT my friend, just wait. ;)

That's true.
When I got my car last week, I was like: :nana: :nana: :nana:
Now after a week I'm like this: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

awesome deal. 5400miles? how could that be real?
I know, I couldn't believe it either, but the carfax is consistent and it has hardly any road chips and is very clean underneath. The owner before the guy I bought it from was an old man that had it for 10 years and only put less than 3k miles on it. Compared to the other Vipers I saw with more miles, this looked the cleanest. And the rims are spotless, no curb rash at all.

Nice car! Welcome to the party :nana: If you didnt know, red is fastest :headbang: The top is a Mopar hardtop. Be careful and always be sure the wheels are straight before you punch the gas!
Yeah, I heard that I have at least 15HP more that the other vipers because I'm red. :)
Thanks guys.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congratulations! Great deal and a real "keeper"

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but, if those are the original tires, get rid of them now. They will be hard as bricks and you will lose it very easily.

Great car!

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One very important thing to remember, although there are only 5,500 miles on this car, it is 12 years old. All of the fluids should be changed. You will find these Gen 1 Vipers need a lot of regular maintenance unlike any other domestic car. I probably wouldn't trust the tires either if they are original. If you need service on your Viper, Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth is the only place you want to take it.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great low mileage deal. A keeper indeed. Welcome to the Frey!

P.S. Do you remember that old miniature golf course where the 300lb kid collapsed the trampoline and closed them down, this was 20 years ago but I still remember the Dearborn incident. Heh Heh Heh

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me balance the opinions - my '94 is not any more maintenance than my other Dodge vehicles. Less than some, really.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

probably want to retorq the head and intake gaskets as well. You will probbably be replacing them soon., but if you retorq them you may prolong the inevitable.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome! As President of MCVO and a Dearborn resident..look forward to the 4th RED Viper crusing around in our area. See our website for upcoming events. www.mcvo.net

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congrats Klamathpro. You don't NEED to join the MCVO chapter of VCA for tips and assistance but it's well worth it, I joined in March. The fee is prorated for the year so it should only be around $50. Oh an yes I'm local, but out in Brighton. Don't get "down south" often. Looks like you picked up a really nice Viper.

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! I, myself, just purchased a RED 94 RT/10 in May. I absolutely LOVE it! I'm in Royal Oak cruising quite a bit. Let me know if you're ever in the area.

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great low mileage deal. A keeper indeed. Welcome to the Frey!
P.S. Do you remember that old miniature golf course where the 300lb kid collapsed the trampoline and closed them down, this was 20 years ago but I still remember the Dearborn incident. Heh Heh Heh
Yes, they remodeled the place and opened them back up a few years ago.

Congrats! I, myself, just purchased a RED 94 RT/10 in May. I absolutely LOVE it! I'm in Royal Oak cruising quite a bit. Let me know if you're ever in the area.
Thanks, I will. Going to any cruises this year?

Welcome! As President of MCVO and a Dearborn resident..look forward to the 4th RED Viper crusing around in our area. See our website for upcoming events. www.mcvo.net
I'll be joining after I recoup some cash, (I still need to register and pay $2000 in taxes at the SOS - ouch!) Are you guys cruisin' at the Downriver Cruise this weekend? I'd like to meet up if you are.

G

grcforce327

Jason Welcome and Congrats!! :2tu:

Red is fastest and it's more like 50HP for the color! :D

Fastest color and best year!!!!!!!Way to go!!! :headbang: :nana: :2tu:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to the club! Nice car and looks like a good deal. You'll find yourself getting up in the middle of the night to go out to the garage....

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good man. I just sold a 92 Stealth R/T (it was an inventory vehicle). Old school, half decent-looking, but big deal. A Gen 1 RT/10 is timeless, and far more fun! Welcome to Viper Nation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang