I don't appreciate this board refusing me help.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don\'t appreciate this board refusing me help.

I have a Viper, I have had a total of 3 and I am working on the front fascia of Wayne Skyle's Bad Viper which I bot.

However, any attempt to ask for specific help is ********ed out by this board.

So is that what you think of me and my Viper?????

I guess it means that any Viper owner who uses *******'s parts is basically ignored?

Tell me then, where am I supposed to go to get help and support for my Viper? I guess you would say, remove ********'s parts and then there is no problem on this board.

Frankly, I think that The Board might, itself, be in violation of it's Terms of Service.

If I remember, this board is supported by D-C. Maybe I should File a Complaint with them?

Tom and ********

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: I don\'t appreciate this board refusing me help.

Wow, Tom! I don't think anyone is refusing to help you! H e n n e s e y is live and kickin', and posts over on that other site.

There was a time when some who got taken by H were saying that this board was the problem, because it served to advertise his tuner business, by allowing him to post here. They complained vehemently for his banning. The board management, if I remember correctly, wasn't initially in favor of banning him or asterisking out his name. It was only because of some members who accused the management of complicity in perpetuating his (claimed) fraud on others, that he was banned, and his name stricken.

I'd hate to be in their position, as mods. Please one group, and the other group is mad.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

didn't you have a fascia thread earlier? I didn't read it, but did "they" delete it?

I don't remember seeing a disclaimer where one could not ask for help regarding one of heneseies products???? did I???

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I write H'man's name properly, it is asterisked.

On LS1.com, if you try to talk about Paris Hilton, you get censored. If you try to get around by mispelling or whatever, they threaten to ban you from forum.

I didn't realize that misspelling is OK here and that they won't threaten to ban you.... but yeah, I have a fascia thread and a member wanted to know what kind I had so I said so and was asterisked.

That really torqued me!

If they want to ban H'man from the forum that is OK. However, asterisking is another matter. Perhaps when someone invokes H'man's name, there should be a hyperlink note inserted everytime his name appears taking the newbee to a Position Statement of History of Events.

I hope to call H'man and simply ask him if he can explain how to do it. I know a lot of people have said a lot of things and boy, I have had problems with work done by shops whose reputations I have not established. (In my home town, there are a number of shops that will really give you your money's worth. Of course, in SW PA, if you don't give your customers a really good shake, you will simply go out of business.)

Thanks for the replies.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why would you want to talk about Paris Hilton... on an LS1 board? (or anywhere)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL!!! Calm down big guy....

On a serious note, have you tried a Fascia Stretcher w/ a Left Handed Hammer? :confused:

No, SERIOUSLY... Look up SilberBlueGTS on this board. That's Mr. H. And there's a few more too.

;)

Gerald

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom, I think Larry Macedo has installed John's front facias. Contact him, he may be able to help.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

hows that for your help!!! Calling H-man wont get you fast answers, especially since you bought the product second hand.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the help!

I guess part of my "panic" was the totalitarian response in LS1.com. Clearly that is not the case here since the point has been clearly made.

I'm definitely going to call Mike!!!!

(latest thinking is that bumper DOES come off w/the fascia - we'll see!)

Thanks again!

PS. As for Paris, frankly I don't remember but I was probably trying to DL the stoopid video before it was everywhere! (Yeah I know, get a life...)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is fine if the board chose to ban Hennesseyy for his business actions, but it is of the utmost stupidity to asterisk his name. By doing so, the board is effectively complicit with his actions because they are effectively covering them up by not allowing people to use it to report about those actions, or for others to search that name and get accurate information. This really needs to be changed. Whoever thought of it in the first place may have had good intentions, but I see absolutely no reason to asterisk his name, and many reasons to have it. Perhaps the board administrators will listen to logic and reason? Naah.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, asterisking, in general is a very bad idea. Since H'man was and perhaps still is a serious factor regarding Vipers, Like him or not, he has created a lot of stuff for the Viper and a lot of us end up with it, one way or another.

We definitely need to have a forum for discussing his products. What is really bad, is that with the *******, there is no effective way to search this forum for the help needed.

Even if they lift the ******, there are already so many posts that will not show up with a correct search.

Too bad. We loose with this one.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, if you want to be screwed by Hennescrewed, then you are certainly welcome to, just don't expect the rest of us to help him screw you.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wha.... I should throw away the front fascia that is on my car just because it is his?

Or never buy a car that has his parts on it?

I don't know about you, but I would never pass up a deal on a Venom if I had the chance.

As far as him being a bad modder, every single person whom I didn't know personally that has worked on my cars has screwed stuff up big time. And these are people with good names at SEMA and equivalent. I'm beginning to think like I did when I was young: No one will ever do the quality work that I do. And if you HAVE to go to someone, they know you are between a rock and a hard place ALREADY and unless you actually run into an honest businessman (haha) get ready for "thank you sir, may I have another."

As far as the people who have screwed my stuff up, I hope the Four Horsemen pay them an upclose and personal visit.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Call the H-man and let us know how it all works out.

Or hollar at him directly over at Viper Alley dot com
He hangs out there.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how it works out with him and your needs.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

simple solution to you; go to [******] and you wont have any of the problems that occur on this board. the problem youre dealing with here is the result of what happens when it is decided by others what is in "your best interest" LOL. nice huh.

Reaction score

Here is all I know and all I am going to say.

It is a roller coaster ride when it comes to what everyone wants. One minute (or day) we are in trouble (and criticized) for allowing a certain person to be an advertising on the site. I've been there, done that, didn't get no t-shirt.

I have been told that there are conditions that must be met for John to post (if he wanted to), and until then he cannot post (as himself). He, no doubt, has some username that we don't know about, or that I haven't found yet.

I will agree that the mere mention of the name should not invoke the stars, and I will attempt to correct that, but I make no promises...except that I will try.

However.....things HAVE evolved a certain degree. It used to be that all mention of John was banished, removed, etc. At least there can now be some sort of discussion about him and his products/services. Not to be confused with any type of promotional types of posts. ANY type of promotional post will be removed.

As I said, I agree the NAME might not warrant the stars any longer, and I will try to help there.

Mojo....this is just the pendulum swinging the other way. As stated above, one day a large number of people are upset because we are NOT looking out for their interests....now it is because we are??? Sorry, no points this round.

Tom...good points, thank you! In the end, it is all about being a source of info (my 2 cents here), and the effort to accomplish that is ever-changing and non-stop. I apologize for your frustration and will attempt to assist.

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This board has helped me a lot more than the corvette forums; Nothing to do with Vipers, just general help.

And I'm still thankfull for ViperMad reinstating me.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[******], [******], [******], just checking

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

J.H. Motorsports 218 346 1370, call him and he will answer your questions

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I can't say [******]! That's weird. How about [******] or [******] or [******] or [******] or [******]? Or [******]? If none work, then just sucky old H might work. Everybody remembers sucky old H. :D I can't believe that sucky old H is censored similar to an expletive. :D

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will agree that the mere mention of the name should not invoke the stars, and I will attempt to correct that, but I make no promises...except that I will try.

However.....things HAVE evolved a certain degree. It used to be that all mention of John was banished, removed, etc. At least there can now be some sort of discussion about him and his products/services. Not to be confused with any type of promotional types of posts. ANY type of promotional post will be removed.

As I said, I agree the NAME might not warrant the stars any longer, and I will try to help there.

Mojo....this is just the pendulum swinging the other way. As stated above, one day a large number of people are upset because we are NOT looking out for their interests....now it is because we are??? Sorry, no points this round.

Tom...good points, thank you! In the end, it is all about being a source of info (my 2 cents here), and the effort to accomplish that is ever-changing and non-stop. I apologize for your frustration and will attempt to assist.

BTW, I wasn't bashing you Tony, just the foolishness for how this was set up. That's fine if advertising isn't allowed, but the name should be available for use, for the reasons I stated, which protects the members. Anything you can do on that would be appreciated.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

So Tom said:
Wha.... I should throw away the front fascia that is on my car just because it is his? Or never buy a car that has his parts on it?
No, you should call HIM. You've obviously paid a premium for his work so therefore it would be assumed he should be willing to assist you in whatever needs you have with them. Being from PA though you may have to leave a message until he's done with his important customers.

I don't know about you, but I would never pass up a deal on a Venom if I had the chance.
Your right, you don't know about me. I (speaking only for myself) wouldn't touch a venom, any venom, with a ten foot pole. There reasoning explained below.

As far as him being a bad modder
I don't think I've ever heard anyone here call him a bad modder. Liar, thief, scoundrel, slimly, shady, two-faced, lousy businessman - yes, but never bad modder. In fact some of his cars are the best built tuners vehicles ever rolled out - but the operative word in this sentence is "some." Not all. Only a percentage. His Texas customers seem to have a dis-proportionate amount of solid cars compared to the rest of the country. Some folks up this way have cars they paid $30k+ on for him to modify and have little to no Tq gains on the dyno. Some customers have yet to see their cars back years later. There are quite a few die-hard H-lovers who I'm sure will disagree with me and that's their right, but I refuse to give credit to anyone who has EVER practiced business in this fashion.

As for the asterisks I don't think they're needed here anymore. Make no mistake however, there are some here who were badly screwed over by H, I'm not talking bad mods or business practices, just plain screwed. He's been sued by several customers for stealing motors and selling them off to cover costs (which wouldn't be bad if it were clear he intended to replacing them as part of his package.) Last I checked his rating in the national investor index was competing with Enron - as said by MotorTrend.

Oh, and before the accusations of slander start again I'm am making mention of events on this board four+ years ago and information contained in the official lawsuits filed in Texas. Research it yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950