I Got My Sign Today

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, This is my first posting, have been lurking on this website for over a year and this forum made me fall in love with the car realizing this car was attainable and there is a great group of guys that own this car and have no problem helping each other out. Today coming home from my mechanic i was on the phone with a friend and said i wanted to maintain my car so i can buy a viper, lo and behold a blue viper srt-10 coupe passed me going the opposite way,its 30 degrees and cloudy last time i saw a viper was in October in the street. My friends eardrums got busted from my screaming over the phone LOL. To me that's a great sign this car is definitely for me.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Fangs have sunk in, the venom is now rapidly flowing through your veins, working its way into every cell. Dont fight it, its all good. Soon your eyes will glaze over with a reptilian gaze. You will feel hot, then feel a strange need to lower the temp in the house, while dark, sinister plans to obliterate the competition pre-occupy your thoughts. There's no antidote! You know what you want now! Only a Viper satisfys this need. SsssssS!!!

Last edited:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Break out your check book. The way Vic describes it is accurate, I know this for a fact.

Good luck hope you get your car soon.

MB

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All it took for me was the test drive. Wait till you get to drive one.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Fangs have sunk in, the venom is now rapidly flowing through your veins, working its way into every cell. Dont fight it, its all good. Soon your eyes will glaze over with a reptilian gaze. You will feel hot, then feel a strange need to lower the temp in the house, while dark, sinister plans to obliterate the competition pre-occupy your thoughts. There's no antidote! You know what you want now! Only a Viper satisfys this need. SsssssS!!!

That's Good :2tu:

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea that was a good one Vic.Looks like its gonna happen sooner than later.Switching from the dark side goin from a rice burner to this car(honda s2000)The little kids in my neighborhood would call it the baby viper not even knowing i love the viper itself. Cant wait

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The waiting is the hardest part! But prices are low and if you can swing it...:2tu: Good luck with finding your dream car!
:D
DSC_0031small.jpg

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been lurking the last couple weeks too. For me, the fangs sunk in back in '92 when I was 10, I've dreamed of owning a Viper since then. I used to work at a Chrysler dealer about 9 years ago as the only porter, so I was responsible for washing/moving all the Vipers that came in for service.
On a separate occasion, I got a ride in one Viper for a few miles, but only up to 40mph (if that). The other time I got a ride was basically at idle, since it was during a Cruise Night in Crystal Lake, IL with LOTS of people around. Haven't been fortunate enough to actually drive one yet though

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 is cheap now and the first VIPER. Raw and open....

BRING IT ON!!!

Go get one guys... I've had a few and loved each in turn.....HAHAHA

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In due time saturnvueguy i have been very patient waiting for the right time,for me it could be a while but this site gives me motivation to get it sooner

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In due time saturnvueguy i have been very patient waiting for the right time,for me it could be a while but this site gives me motivation to get it sooner

Yeah, me too. I'm only 27 right now, currently unemployed, and actually my wife and I are now looking at houses. The sad thing is, we could get a house in the $140k range and save money per month compared to the rent we pay now. That'll help pay off the bills so I can get my credit back up to get a Viper.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the dream alive guys, you'll get there :2tu:

(I'm a Saturn fan too :).... RIP)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't give up on the dream, just stay focused and it WILL happen.

I can't imagine ever being without my Viper, I honestly think I would give up my house first if I had to pick haha.

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the dream alive guys, you'll get there :2tu:

(I'm a Saturn fan too :).... RIP)

don't give up on the dream, just stay focused and it WILL happen.

I can't imagine ever being without my Viper, I honestly think I would give up my house first if I had to pick haha.

Thanks guys! I've been dreaming about owning a Viper a LONG time, I can wait a lil longer yet. I think talking my wife into it might be one of the harder bits, assuming I have the finances.

Its sad to see Saturn die. The VUE is probably the best car I've ever owned. Protected my butt really good in a fairly bad crash

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've been dreaming about owning a Viper a LONG time, I can wait a lil longer yet. I think talking my wife into it might be one of the harder bits, assuming I have the finances.

Its sad to see Saturn die. The VUE is probably the best car I've ever owned. Protected my butt really good in a fairly bad crash

Yeah it can be tricky sometimes to get the wife on board with such a purchase. I was lucky that mine was ok with it, but now that we have it the car is a little too loud for her. We bought noise cancelling ear phone things to hopefully help with that this year.

Glad the Vue was able to protect you. I have always heard that they sold well and were good vehicles. I've had an Ion Redline for almost 4 years now and absolutely love it.

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife has watched me drool over the viper for years,but i got really serious over the last year and a half. As long as u r responsible she should not have a problem.I went and bought the toys without consulting her (dont recommend it)but my wife is cool but IMO buy the house first u need a garage to put the snake in.

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are great! I have a big box full of Viper...stuff, signs, posters, models, newspapers, magazines, etc. I had all that on top of a shelf before I ever met my wife, so she knows how much I want one. Maybe she'd be more willing if we were financially stable, but for now she just shrugs it off whenever I mention "when I get a Viper".

Before I bought the VUE, I was comparing it to the Volvo S40 and the Santa Fe which I almost bought instead, but my dad talked me into looking at the VUE. The S40 was nice, I love those cars, but they don't have a whole lot of rear seat leg room, and at the time my fiance (now wife) was pregnant, needless to say I bought the SUV. Ever since then...
When I first bought it, I was actually contemplating taking Saturn's 30day deal and trading in for an Ion Redline, until I found out what the insurance difference was.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insurance did hurt for the first year, but I was also 22 & single at the time. It's been falling ever since and now that I'm married & over 25 it's pretty reasonable. Mine is currently putting 260hp at the front wheels :) Love that car.

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insurance did hurt for the first year, but I was also 22 & single at the time. It's been falling ever since and now that I'm married & over 25 it's pretty reasonable. Mine is currently putting 260hp at the front wheels :) Love that car.

My VUE was rated 250hp (assuming crank) stock, but it has a larger throttle body and a K&N intake now too, also FWD. At the time I was under 25 and single, but am now married and over 25

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, let's get you into a VIPER.....

This is how you get yours:

1) Don't waste money on crap you don't need.
2) Keep the dream alive and it will come true.

Simple!!

SaturnVUEguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here I go bringing an old thread back to life, flame away.

Just giving an update. I'm now 31, been back in the workplace for 2 1/2yrs, have three kids now, own a house. My credit is SHOT and I SHOULD declare bankruptcy. No longer have the Saturn, I traded that in on a 2008 Ford Edge for my wife and I took over her 2001 Dodge Neon ES. While owning that I bought a 1998 Dodge Neon R/T and literally the next day the crossmember in the 01 broke so I sold that car. Still no Viper but dream is very much alive. I've told my wife several times that once the Edge is paid off, I'm buying a Viper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi