I got RIPPED OFF by a fellow Viper Owner

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does read:

Pickup only - see item description for details
Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).

Not that this is valid excuse to misrepresent the wheels.

Words like perfect and mint apparently mean something different in NY.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does read:

Pickup only - see item description for details

Not that this is valid excuse to misrepresent the wheels.

Words like perfect and mint apparently mean something different in NY.

But if you read the auction description, it says:

Will ship but you need to arrange for pickup I will pack them up.

And I did. I called UPS and scheduled to have them picked up, but he did NOT pack them up! All he did was slap a mailing label on the tires. Thanks for pointing that out. I had glossed over that part, ANOTHER lie he told!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhhh your scaring me. I just sent cash for some HREs from a WA VCA member. He seems SUPER legit though!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it cost to repair wheels with curb rash like that?

I called a guy in Atlanta and he quoted me $100/wheel. I then went to a local place who I've done business with before and they quoted me $40 each. All 4 wheels were damaged but 2 werent as bad so they wont require as much work as the other 2. They were dropped off on Friday, I should have them back late this week

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long it takes for things to "come around" on sh*t heads like Bobby Sherman.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, I'm sorry to hear about your lose because it could give the good viper club sellers on e-bay a bad name. I just sold a set of 20 inch wheels to another viper club member and the fun and trust factor that we agreed to was great, simply because we were club members. I'm sure that a few more club members are going to be a little more mistrusting of fellow club members when selling viper items and that is truly sad.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really bites, but there are so many ways to protect yourself when buying from eBay. As mentioned above request many many pics and do not settle unless they are received. Also since they are Viper parts have someone check them out as also mentioned above.

Sorry this happened, but $1k... ya know.

These are NOT $1k wheels from the factory!

Used.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang CHAD that *****. I feel for you brother.

What a total [*****]. He needs a good A$$ kickin! ou should have requested more photos though just to be safe. Oh well but for 40 bucks each you can have them fixed, not to bad.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are jerks out there.

Remember the guy who came on the forum looking for rear end gears. I had an old set and told him he could have them for the shipping cost.

I sent them and the guy went away never to be seen again.
He did this rather than pay $12.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn this is bad Chad......
It really looked like a nice auction. Everyone here was there to point them out for you.... and some (like me) were even thinking about buying them immideatly from Ebay to have them reserved for you (knowing you were going to buy them).

To bad it goes like this.

How are those rims made? Is the yellow part 1 piece and the chrome just an insert or is it all 1 piece?

Does the Yellow have any scratches/marks? Or are they mint as described?

Man, I feel bad for you.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are jerks out there.

Remember the guy who came on the forum looking for rear end gears. I had an old set and told him he could have them for the shipping cost.

I sent them and the guy went away never to be seen again.
He did this rather than pay $12.

WOWWWWWWWWW THATS an even bigger low life LOL

Hey Chad my snake has a little rash, that local place your talkin about for $40 a wheel will he do wheels by mail as well? if so Pm me his name/ number thats an AWESOME deal. Thanks

vprdude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience on ebay couple of months ago. Bought something from a guy with a 100% feedback and close to 150 transactions. Item arrived broken and scratched. His feedback got really bad within a week, with 3 negative feedbacks from other people. A month later his negative feedbacks disappeared... Crooks always find a way to cheat. Makes me only wonder how safe ebay really is?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Chad sorry to hear of your misfortune, hopefully that wheel place can get them looking good as new, and be sure to MAKE HIM PAY for this as well :mad:
I almost had an experience like this a little while ago but luckily I could make a trip to a few friends nearby so I could inspect the headlights myself before buying.
What he portrayed as "original" black calibra headlights (extremely rare and only offered on some 2 litre 16 valve turbo equipped cars in Germany) were mearly SPRAY PAINTED original headlights. I immediately thought of an excuse, mister f*ckup was clearly annoyed but I made damn clear that I wasn't buying.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum says you're one of the good guys, so I'm gonna just suggest that you try to look at the big picture.

If it's true that you were able to pick up the full set of 4 wheels for $1G (that's what's been suggested so I don't know for sure) and you can actually have a local wheel repair shop take care of all the problems for another $160 (call it $200) so that the wheels are true and as good as new, you've managed to acquire a set for $1,200. THAT my friend is a GREAT deal!

No saying the seller isn't a thief...just that, in the end, things may not be nearly as bad as you're presently thinking.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of stockers from a VCA member. He claimed they were perfect with 7K miles on them. And they were perfect. :nana:

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know $200 isnt the end of the world, but I just wanted everyone to watch out for this guy. He had no idea how much they'd cost to get repaired. If I hadnt shopped around, I could've ended up taking it to a place in Atlanta that charges a flat fee of $300 per wheel and then I'd be out $1200 :shocked: The main thing isn't the money, its the fact he knowingly lied in the auction description and over the phone and he cannot be trusted. I have emailed him this link and invited him to defend himself and once again told him I'd consider it a closed matter if he will pay for the wheel repairs.

Just as a side note, I found a UPS mailing label and did confirm his name is Bobby Sherman

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to add to the experiences. I bought a set of wheels from a guy in California some years back. The listing said the wheels were in great condition but it turned out one was so bent it couldn't be repaired. I had to sell it for scrap. Then I bought an air box from a guy in Chicago whom is not on this board but is on the Alley some times. This guy is currently having payment issues with SVS. With SVS allegedly putting a lien on his car. He sent me a piece of junk that wasn't worth installing on the car. I'll admit not doing enough research and let my guard down thinking a Viper owner should be trustworthy. Well I learned my lesson/lessons :(

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like we are both having a "lack of communication day" chad. sorry to hear about yours.

this reminds me of shopping for used cars in the local auto trader magazine. unfortunatley, we sometimes find that someones definition of "excellent condition" is not the same as ours.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you. there are a lot of low life's out there ready to scam us. I had mt credit card, Pay-Pal, and ebay account accessed ;a week and spent days fixing everything. YOU NEED TO DO A NEW POST WITH THE PERSONS NAME, SCREEN NAME, AND ADDRESS SO WE CAN KEEP IT UNDER OUR FAVORITES.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad i hope you get this sorted and quick.......
What makes it worse is,,,,, he's a viper owner......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
W H A T ?!?!

Mis-represented goods on ebay? SAY IT AIN'T SO !!!!
Safety via paypal, right? No? SAY IT AIN'T SO !

I am shocked........Shocked, S H O C K E D, I say.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad
How did you pay? With CC with Paypal? You should be protected.

Carleton
-------------------------
2002 RT (Sold)
2005 Commemorative Edition #56
Mopar Race Exhaust & Shifter. K&N's,
Al. Flywheel, Quaife,355's, 170* T-Stat.
Asanti 20" AF 112s DC Performance ECM Reflash. 478rwhp/501rwtq

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
W H A T ?!?!

Mis-represented goods on ebay? SAY IT AIN'T SO !!!!
Safety via paypal, right? No? SAY IT AIN'T SO !

I am shocked........Shocked, S H O C K E D, I say.

ready for more Jon. there is FRAUD TOO! :eek: