I got scammed on E-BAY

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was the winning bidder for skip-shift delete from the following seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33733&item=7942671388&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW (not this auction but another like it from the same seller)

sellers name is ray747.

I won the auction and paid with paypal. Ray747 immediately left me a + feedback for quick payment. That is where it ends. I have sent 5 cordial e-mails which have gone unanswered. No viper parts have come to my house. Ray747 has great feedback so this seemed like a simple deal. The deal was completed 12/3 and others have won and received their skip shifts since my auction ended (I checked his feedback recently) ALL + ratings.

If ray747 is active here, or if anyone knows who he (or she) is refer them to this thread please. I would like to resolve this peacefully and quietly. I just want my part.

Thanks for your time all.

Kurt

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt:

Many have bought from him. He is a stand up guy. Maybe some temporary problem (or travel, etc) on his end. I bought one from him, works perfectly, and he was very responsive.

Might be that you will not reach him until after the New Year.

Alice

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember if the seller is the same but I had a difficult time receiving mine. It took a final e-mail that I was reporting the seller to paypal and ebay before the item finally arrived(six weeks later). Could be that the seller is disorganized.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kurt, Ray is a very good friend of mine and a standup guy.
I will contact him tonight so he can get you squared away.
I can assure you that you wont get scammed! :2tu:

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really enjoy this forum. I hope this works out my little situation.

Kurt

Kurt, I got a e-mail from Ray this morning concerning your problem, it is as follows:

I e-mailed the skip shift guy (Kurt) and have not yet received a response. I have no idea how he tried to contact me as I have never seen any evidence of a problem. I have sold 20 of these things and shipped his immediately upon receipt of payment. I am in the process of registering with the VCA site so that I can reply to his post. I have to wait to hear back from the web master... I saw your reply and willingness to help him out. Do you have access to his phone number? Or, evn his address as I will simply send another...

See Ya,
Ray

Kurt, I sent you a pm with Rays phone number, call him.

OP
OP
K

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well posting on this site is bearing fruit. I believe that the issue was an honest mistake that will be resolved. An admin of this site took an interest and the seller and I are now in contact. It seems that the seller is not "an unknown **** on e-bay", but, rather person who is known by many on this site.

I will update when the seller and I work out this mishap.

Thanks to all.

Kurt

PS-thanks Brian.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery