I just bought this GTS

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You show your very first post as 'viper owner', so did you go ahead and get this beautiful gray GTS? It's gorgeous...low mileage too~~hope it IS your car now!!! Pics if you have this car at your home? ~juli
(Black interior...will be hot, but what the heck, that's what the a/c is for~we have black/black vert~)

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I know something critical about that car.... You should give it to me as a gift. In return you will get a very nice thank you card.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats... D&M has a pretty good reputation. If there was something wrong with it. They would have never bought/traded it.. Im sure everything is ok..

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good lord, you bought THAT car?! :omg:

you know what? the car looks pretty good now! damn, i never thought they would get all those blood stains out of the interior like that!

i cant imagine all the hours it must have taken someone to get it all cleaned up!

anyway, congrats! looks great!

only kidding! :rolaugh:

CONGRATS!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats... D&M has a pretty good reputation. If there was something wrong with it. They would have never bought/traded it.. Im sure everything is ok..

I tried to buy a car from D&M and they were completely unreasonable, but it worked out as I bought a car with half the miles for even less than I offered them. :pbt::*****: There was nothing wrong I saw with the car.

Good Luck with your ride.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great color... bad year. no forged/no abs

at least you get the newer interior! :D

There is no bad year. Looks like you got a great car. Unless you are planning major power adders (supercharger/turbos) the forged issue is meaningless. And stock for stock some of the best authorities in the business, Bill P. for example, will tell you this year made some of the best power BECAUSE of the change from forged to cast. Actual dyno results may vary but I found this true with my 2000. ABS is nice if you plan on tracking the car as it may avoid some flatspotting if you are a novice and have a tendency to lock them up too much but otherwise has no advantage for a street car unless you drive during Katrina like conditions on a regular basis. Drive in the snow and you're screwed no matter what brakes you have.

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! I kept wondering who was going to wise up and buy that thing! Great looking - a big fan of the color (obviously) and the low miles are a bonus. Do tell on the price 'range' you scored on the car if not too personal. I 'back-traded' my 01 996tt on my 00 GTS and have enjoyed every moment. Great car, great fun.

Say goodbye to whatever tendency you had to keep that car stock - - LET THE MODS BEGIN!

1. Check the tires. If hard as rocks - regardless of tread depth - get rid of them courtesy of JonB at Partsrack.
2. Do something with that intake - Smooth tubes, a K&N or other filter of your choice. Easy to do, hardly any money, actually makes the car sound a little different (improved.)
3. Get some brushed aluminum knobs for that too-plastic interior. Will set off some of the 'black-on-black-wtih-a-touch-of-black thrown in' interior.
4. Go buy several exhausts, test and record all of them, then let me know which one to buy since I'm torn.
5. Have fun. Joining VCA is required by the way!

OP
OP
H

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the compliments... Yes, a really own the car. I have included some lousy picture phone pics of it at my buddies apartment because it's all I have. No, I'm neither of the dudes in the picture.

The dealer was great. I over paid by probably 3 grand over what the total deal could have cost, but I'm impatient and I liked the car. It's pretty close to brand new.

I know it's the bastard year with no forged internals and no ABS, but I don't think I'll put any MAJOR power adders on it and if I do I'll just have the engine gone through.

There was still some blood in the seats and I found pieces of brain in the air vents, but the body seems straight. :)

Glad there are no bad tales.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
H

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AHudson777

All great recommendations. The car does have new tires (supposedly). They seem pretty gummy.

I will be changing the intake and exhaust, but that's probably it for a while.

I'll Join the VCA soon.

I'm trying to see if there is anything to the comment in the add that it "came from a collection". I don't care if it didn't, but I'd be curious to know more if it did.

Detailed Ad for Car

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you did excellent. Beautiful car and one of the nicest colors. Welcome to the club. :2tu: Now throw a coat of Zaino on that sucker and drive it. :drive:

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you just need to get that VCA application in and meet the wonderful people that make up the Viper Club!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no bad year. Looks like you got a great car. Unless you are planning major power adders (supercharger/turbos) the forged issue is meaningless. And stock for stock some of the best authorities in the business, Bill P. for example, will tell you this year made some of the best power BECAUSE of the change from forged to cast. Actual dyno results may vary but I found this true with my 2000. ABS is nice if you plan on tracking the car as it may avoid some flatspotting if you are a novice and have a tendency to lock them up too much but otherwise has no advantage for a street car unless you drive during Katrina like conditions on a regular basis. Drive in the snow and you're screwed no matter what brakes you have.

lee hit the nail on the head! Some people think that if the car doesn't have forged pistons and ABS that it is less of a car. To them I say, bite me!:D You got yourself a winner there. Steel Gray is such an awesome color for a Viper and looks better in person but then again, I am biased. Congrats:headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken