I like Blue..can you tell

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Installed a set of 2 piece rotors. Always wanted to try the look with Blue anodized hats.
( im not tracking the car so im not worried about the drilled rotors cracking or the hats fading)

Last edited:

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper808,
Your passion for blue is interesting.
Blue has always been a favorite of mine as well, at least until I saw a SnakeSkin green viper.
Could you please post more photos of your blue doings, as I could use some ideas for my car, but using green.
Thanks
BillyC

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys..
Im not sure I like it so much after doing it.. as I always keep my cars visually stock so its hard for me to get use to the bling.. Its very rare for me to have a bold look like this on any of my cars. However, I am addicted to reducing weight in the car and thats one of the reasons I went with the 2 piece rotors was for weight savings and figured I would go ahead and do the blue hats as a custom touch rather than the grey/silver standard color.

Billy C thank you also for your possitive reaction.....as you can see by my floor ( bought from bigfloors.com) and by my jack ( blue anodized) had it for years .... I like blue..... unfortunately I cant think of any other things I have done in blue. oh wait I have a small blue anodized mini flashlight in the viper and I have a blue anodized fangs logo key chain..:2tu:

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys..
Im not sure I like it so much after doing it.. as I always keep my cars visually stock so its hard for me to get use to the bling.. Its very rare for me to have a bold look like this on any of my cars. However, I am addicted to reducing weight in the car and thats one of the reasons I went with the 2 piece rotors was for weight savings and figured I would go ahead and do the blue hats as a custom touch rather than the grey/silver standard color.

Billy C thank you also for your possitive reaction.....as you can see by my floor ( bought from bigfloors.com) and by my jack ( blue anodized) had it for years .... I like blue..... unfortunately I cant think of any other things I have done in blue. oh wait I have a small blue anodized mini flashlight in the viper and I have a blue anodized fangs logo key chain..:2tu:

Viper808,
Thanks for the reply.
Apparently I have mental issues at least as far as my green fetish is concerned.
You can check out my photo album for proof.
In my defense, I am preparing the "Green Machine" for street AND show.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
BillyC

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed a set of 2 piece rotors. Always wanted to try the look with Blue anodized hats.
( im not tracking the car so im not worried about the drilled rotors cracking or the hats fading)
What about the calipers?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a fan of that look.

Silver or black are the only colors that rotor hats should be colored...now brake calipers, nearly any color is acceptable...although some look worse than others!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a fan of that look.

Silver or black are the only colors that rotor hats should be colored...now brake calipers, nearly any color is acceptable...although some look worse than others!
absolutely agreed, I paint my rotors black only.

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the Red Calipers always have....I am not a fan of Blue calipers ... Plus..I need them red for the Red White and Blue effect:usa::headbang:

They are made by Giro-disc out of Washington state.... and I had to push to get colored hats....they really dont like doing colors any more..and wont guarante any color and classify the order as custom and non-returnable.... If you really want red hats they would probably
do it..
the stock color hat for them is a greyish silver...any other color is extra $$

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what anybody says, but the blue hats on the giro disc looks amazing and looks good with the red calibers.

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate that Wiretech.. I was compelled to do the blue hats because I didnt want the grayish silver ones. Besides I bought the discs to save weight #1, and #2 I said what the hell lets make it unique and interesting and go blue Anodized.... I never would have done blue painted...The colored anodization has a better quality kinda high tech look.

anyway....worse comes to worse I can always take em apart in the future and change the color

Just wanted to share my Viper project with you folks..as I like it when others do as well.... whether I like a specific mod or not....I can appreciate the creativeness of viper owners.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sweet Viper808. I just got threw painting my stock hats black because just put on my new 6 spoke wheels and tey show soooo much rotor. I will deff be looking into getting a set of these. I to am a BIG BLUE FAN.:headbang:

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
808, from the islands?

Not from the islands ( area code 808) For me its the numerical value of BOB..you know like when the clock reads 8:08 ..that means its BOB O'Clock. Actually my original join date was 1995 ( VCA Member # 438 )and my name was viperbob. However it was taken over by someone else during a couple years I wasn't an active member of the VCA and they transitioned to a different server computer or some nonsense like that and I lost viperbob ( thats how it was explained to me anyway) Sooo..I decided to use viper808 which is the closest to my former viperbob.

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very sweet Viper808. I just got threw painting my stock hats black because just put on my new 6 spoke wheels and tey show soooo much rotor. I will deff be looking into getting a set of these. I to am a BIG BLUE FAN.:headbang:

Very Cool Torqmonster06.. I am glad you appreciate my creative addition.....and I appreciate your approval.....there is just something about the viper GTS blue that really makes me happy..
Hope you get to upgrade to the two piece rotors..if anything for the weight savings,,:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to do the blue led ..I actually have my dash apart now installing an RB1 Nav system and ipod controller... Im just not up to speed on how to install or what bulbs and where to buy..

I think it looks cool also...I am jealous

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper808, now that your dash is apart, it's the best time. Thats 80% of the work. LOL. The link that pdub has provided above hs all the answers for ya.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang