I making myself available for tuning and mechanical work again.... :-)

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to let you all know that I'm opening the shop for installations and tuning again. There was a period of time where I had some mechanics out in the shop that just weren’t up to the level that I needed them to be, so I let them go. Then I shut down the installations and deferred tuning so I could get through some personal matters. After almost a two year hiatus from in house tuning and installs (save a couple special projects), I personally will be making myself available for tuning, both at our shop or at your location. I’ve seen too many people make errors that have cost them in one way or another. I think I can help remedy that, but will be doing it myself, without any other mechanics mucking up the works. Remote tuning will also be available, for times when it’s just not cost effective to ship a car or myself.
This will not effect our standard parts and manufacturing operations. I have a great staff of four that have been with me for up to six years that are very capable at handling the rest of everyones needs.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for assistance.

Regards,
Sean
[email protected]

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sean
I wrote you last week about a problem I was having and asked for a referral to get my new engine tuned. You didn't say anything about youself... Are you interested in helping me? Like I said, there wasn't any reference to yourself about doing any tuning for me when I asked.

I can resend the emails if you like.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, this was a recent decision and I just told the staff yesterday. I'd like to get back to doing the things that I do best (design / engineering / tuning) and I think some people can benefit from my experience / ability. This is what I used to do when my "x" ran the business side from 2001-2006. Doing her old job isn't really what I spent most of my life in professional motorsports for (started in 1986). I was named the IMSA (International Motorsports Association) "Technician of the Year" in 1994 and the Rising Star Award winner in 1992. I don't think that necessarily lends itself naturally into business accounting and management....lol
Good chatting with you on the phone this morning.
Sean

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Sean has always been extrememly helpful with any questions I have had and always tries to point me in the right direction.
Sean will most tuning be on the VEC or will you be doing other ECU's as well?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to clarify that Sean, and every one at Roe Racing, has always been a big help to me. I just received an SCT programmer for my 06. It runs great and I am very happy with the results. I also ordered one of the new video cam. systems and a fan control kit.

Thanks for the time on the phone this a.m. and I am looking forward to contacting you to make arrangements to tune my car. After all, who better to make a system work than the designer of the system...

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Sean has helped me several over the phone with my S/C install last year.Great guy!!

Sean, If your travels bring you close to Michigan I would love to have you tweak/tune my car. PM me the details to bring you out here. Thanks,Joe

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should celebrate with a "grand re-opening" of sorts by giving me a supercharger including free installation and tuning. Then I can report my excellent results which in turn will generate even more business for you! To show my gratitude I will take you to dinner at the finest steakhouse known to man, the Sizzler.

How can you say no?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here. If you're ever in the Nashville/Middle Tn area, notify me. I could probably throw a few of us together for a test/tune/tweaking, etc. or you could just let us buy you dinner :D :cool: :2tu:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had anything but the very best vendor back up from Sean....even with all that has happened the last couple years. He had some serious back issues along the path as well. I would never have attempted the project if not for knowing his reputation of helping his customers through the process.

Steve

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone. :)
Sorry if my IMSA mentions sounded a little cocky (they kind of did to me after reading it later...lol). I only mentioned it that way to help state that running a business is not what I'm trained to do. It definitely eats my time and I think my hair is starting to get gray faster...
Getting back to basics and letting some of the staff take the business management burden off my shoulders should help.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's great news Sean ! :2tu:

Got some projects planned in the not too distant future and
it ain't far from here to the sunshine state ! :headbang:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a tough time when I first bought my Viper and had my balancer spin off the car. He walked through using his Pin Kit, and made my life a whole lot better. He took a stressful situation and dialed it down for me to make it management and accomplishable. Any product that Sean makes, I have always heard good things about. Sean, you will always have my business or your products.

Thanks,

Ryan

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean its good to list your accomplishments once! Its not like you've done it 20 times. I've bought a few products from you lately and if winter brings me to Florida this year maybe I can stop by for some more! Nothing but good things to say about Roe so far! :)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news! I take it that the gen 3 blower project will be receiving an important boost as well?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean has helped me over the phone many times in the last six years. Glad to hear you are getting back into the shop Sean.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know that paperwork makes you crazy? My ex also did my paperwork, she took all my money and she's crazy! At least she's gone now, (oh happy days).

Good to hear you'll be 'getting dirty' again. You're right, you should do what you do best. Maybe hire a ********** to do the paperwork? LOL.

Ted

S

SUN RA KAT

This is great news for the Viper Community - Sean is a hero to me and his supercharger system and his customer service are why.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
That all really means a lot to me.
Ted, you and I have too much in common.....
I agree, a rental would have been cheaper, lol.
Regarding racing, I have worked at three driving schools and owned my own team, won some big pro races (Grand Prix of Long Beach, Sebring, race up Pikes Peak, etc).....so if anyone needs a weekend driver coach or coaching on what it takes to go racing, I could help there too.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good news sean. glad to hear you're gonna be back to doing what makes ya happy.

and PLEASE find a tuner thats capable in the NJ/NY/CT area... we need one bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang