I need a new battery !!

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please try a search for this topic and there has been a lot written recently about this subject....IF I recall properly, the Optima did NOT win any awards....

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think almost any battery will work. I just replaced mine with one from Costco. They have a great return policy if it goes bad. There is a lite weight one from a company called Braille racing if you are interested in saving weight.

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still have the OE in my 03 and have no complaints about it. It's served me well.
CB

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an odyssey in my '03 and I keep a battery tender hooked to it and have had no trouble. I have had two optima red or orange tops in my '96 and in a 300zx also with the tender and each failed inside of three years and no help from dealer or factory on such a short life so I decided to go with optima. So far 3.5 years no problems.

eagles

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As CaptainDavid said, go to Sears....their batteries are GREAT!! No worries, tons of free replacement warranty and the company supports our military personnel. I bought a DieHard just 2 months ago, I swear my Viper runs better! I'm about to do plugs & wires just to see how much I was losing with that old battery.

Regards,
Aaron

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Experience says:

I would stay far away from Optima.....

Go with Sears Gold or Platinum, esp if you are in a colder climate or store the Viper

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had an Optima Red Top in almost every vehicle I have owned in the last 15yrs or so. NEVER a single problem. The key is to look at the date code on the battery it's self and be sure to get one that has not been sitting on the shelf for 3 years. Once they go dead they are hard to get a good charge in to them. If I had a picture of the sticker I could tell the date the battery was made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960