I need HELP BAD/Radiator hose issue

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a radiator from a fellow Viper owner who posted in the classifieds. As it turns out the radiator is not a stock one when I thought it was. The dealership has the thing installed except for the upper radiator outlet is bigger by 1/4 than the stock hose. Here is where the fun has begun.

I then ordered a part from summit that has an outlet that fits over the radiator end, and fits the hose also. But of course when the hose ending are tightened with a connector they "crumple".

I suggested they fabricate or buy a simple soup can or something and stick it into the smaller hose and then tighten away. Seems like a simple solution?

They said "NO we are not sticking a damn soup can in a 20K engine that's rediculous" And thus the arguing has begun.

I am hoping someone might have some sage wisdom to save my a$#. Or agree that a metal can would work fine. Or what about Roe's silicon tubes are they strong enough to not crumple?

Thoughts, please. :rolleyes:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
short term.->Duct tape.

long term. pull the radiator and have the correct neck brazed in. OR maybe the radiator shop can enlarge the existing neck--similar to a muffler shop pipe expander?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, I think it would be easiest to change the radiator outlet. a connector would be a short term solution but not a desireable long term solution.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to avoid metals with higher electrical potential. They will cause the aluminum to do a disappearing act. Keep with alum, brass or similar low potential metals.

OP
OP
B

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks carguy07. I ended up by buying a hose for 100 bucks. This radiator ended up being an expensive install. But hey, I now have a purty blue hose in the B/W!!

Solution: custom hose was made to fit exactly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960