I showed some people the pics of the coupe concept and ....

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My excitement for the car went from..."look at this really cool coupe" to defending it and feeling disappointed at the reaction of others. I was really surprised but it has made me take another harder look at the cars design.

Many said they liked the GTS better and this car just looked "funny" or a poor attempt to "cover up a mistake" that is the SRT-10. :( I then showed a few a pic of the CC and one guy said... "build that one for the street and roll that other thing out back and blow it up" (he is a Ford GT owner) Another said it looked like a Mazda RX-7.

I still like the car ALOT. I stare at it on and off here at work but after hearing the reactions from people who are "car nuts" but not exactly Viper nuts...I am wondering once the excitement wears off a bit with us diehards...this car will need to go back to the drawing board.

It's sad if you think about it. When the GTS concept came out back in the mid 90's...people were going nuts over it.

DC...keep trying! :2tu:

Hint: Just convert the CC to a street version, put 600HP under the hood and quit screwing around so much with NASCAR and drifting.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting similar responces, but want to see the car in person before forming my opinion. I think my car looks goofy in pictures, but in person it takes on a whole new look.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the reaction to all my friends when the SRT came out. I think the coupe is DEFINATELY better looking than the SRT, but it's got a long way to go to be in the same league (design wise) as the original RT/GTS.

I look at the coupe concept and the SRT and see japanese, I look at the RT/GTS and see American all over it.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am still not a big fan of it. It looks like it has the fish bowl hatch...and the rear duck tail lip doesn't go with the lines...it'almost looks like a bad body kit...but that is based of the limit shots that were posted. I think it has a long ways before it looks like the CC coupe.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would post my pics here but its next to impossible for them to work correctly so I started a thread over at viper alley .com with some photoshopped pics. I think the car just needed a few adjustments. I also posted the car in many different colors as well. I hope you DC guys take a look.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just hope they build a street legal version of the CC, that would be the best thing for them to do. I mean, whats so fricken hard about taking off a wing, front fascia splitter, roof scoop and adding a real interior? :confused:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for the Viper regardless of generation. However, I still cannot get into the new looks of the Gen III cars. Usually, it only takes a year for something "new" to grow on me, but this one isn't doing it.

I'd like to see the coupe in person to make a final judgement, but my first impression is in middle ground. I like what they have done to the back and those rims look nice. But, I DON'T think this car carries stripes as well as the Gen I/II cars. The nose is too boxy and the car looks even closer to a Corvette than anything else. Thats just my opinion though. I'll have to see it in person to be sure about it, but for now I'll be sticking with Gen II. :)

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey a so-so design takes awile to get used to, but a great design and you love it right off the bat. Like Austin said, how hard can it be to make a street CC. Easier than what they did. Maybe they just threw something together for VOI8, and that's not what we're going to get, hopefully. I would buy a CC street version or a GTS-R, but they are getting away from the exotic design that made me excited about the car.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just hope they build a street legal version of the CC, that would be the best thing for them to do. I mean, whats so fricken hard about taking off a wing, front fascia splitter, roof scoop and adding a real interior? :confused:

well its been 4months and im still not done. maybe they will beat me too it.