I think I've been duped

Shank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I\'ve been duped

About two weeks ago, I called and placed an order and paid for by cc, Moton suspsension kit by Archer Racing. A rep, John, stated they have it in stock, ready to go via UPS, and that it would be shipped the next day.

I had called 4 days later, 7 days later, 3 days ago, and today, only to be told the same thing....I'll call you back with the tracker number. It was supposed to be drop shipped to my tuner at UGR, but they have not received it at all. I have a feeling I am getting the run around. I have been around the block before with getting screwed over by a couple of tuners in the Porsche arena, and I get the same gut instinct about this.

They will not return my calls, and no one will give me an answer when I do call. Does anyone have any experience here with this company?

I am sorry to post this on a public arena, but forums like this help consumers like me who are receiving bad service.

-Shank

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I think I\'ve been duped

They told me that they would ship something I bought from them the next day. It took them almost 3 weeks to ship out that item. oh well just be calm and don't use them again.

vd..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way to go, Archer! Do they not realize how bad doing [******] like this will hurt their business?? Bad news travels fast!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This thread will disappear faster then you gave them your money. Better hope the right person reads this before its gone.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why do you think it will disappear? Why would it? The guy has done his due diligence! He's called them several times and has nothing to show for it. This is the next step! Detrimental to Archer? Yep, but maybe it will open their eyes! I decided I was done with them when they tried to charge me $200 to swap REAR wheels and tires from one vehicle to the next at VOI. No tire mounting or dismounting, just 10 minutes worth of work to jack up the cars and swap the wheels. And I thought **** was illegal....

OP
OP
S

Shank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sylvan,

What is Parts Rack? WIll they have MOTONS in stock too?

Shank

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John will get them to you faster than Archer gets your card credited. I'd bet $50 on it.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why do you think it will disappear? Why would it? The guy has done his due diligence! He's called them several times and has nothing to show for it. This is the next step! Detrimental to Archer? Yep, but maybe it will open their eyes! I decided I was done with them when they tried to charge me $200 to swap REAR wheels and tires from one vehicle to the next at VOI. No tire mounting or dismounting, just 10 minutes worth of work to jack up the cars and swap the wheels. And I thought **** was illegal....

I only say this because we've all seen threads like this disappear. Someone feels that they've been done wrong by a tuner or vendor, they post it and then all of the sudden its gone. Not trying to be an ass, just stating a fact that I've seen. Shank, I hope it all works out for you and you get your Motons or a FULL refund. :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both Tommy and Bobby Archer (two different companies) were at the Viperdays event in Willow Springs last weekend. They each had a truck full of tires, wheels, and repair parts to support the racers.
It will take them a couple days to get packed back up, and drive home. I would expect your order to be shipped out shortly.

While attending this event may have slowed their shop business, being up close and personal with the track guys gives them great insite and feedback on which accessories are working out the best at the track.

Drop shipping depends greatly on their wholesaler. Both Archers are fantastic Viper supporters.

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$200 to swap rear wheels??? How do the boys at Archer Racing justify that!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (Stock with the exception of 20inch HRE's)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$200 to swap rear wheels??? How do the boys at Archer Racing justify that!!!!!

Beats the hell out of me!
----------------------------------------------------------
2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2005 AUDI A8 (Stock with the exception of 20inch HRE's)
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

like someone else said if JonB(Parts Rack) does not have them, he will get them(and probably give you an honest answer when you will get them if they are or are not in stock)

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In my opinion, if you're going to have an online business, you need to have someone to ship stuff out. Someone answered the phone, and that someone should be competent enough to call UPS. Their "support" is about like buying a bottle of water at a ball game on a 100 degree day. They know you'll have to have it, so they charge you what ever the hell they want. Always hated that...

Both Tommy and Bobby Archer (two different companies) were at the Viperdays event in Willow Springs last weekend. They each had a truck full of tires, wheels, and repair parts to support the racers.
It will take them a couple days to get packed back up, and drive home. I would expect your order to be shipped out shortly.

While attending this event may have slowed their shop business, being up close and personal with the track guys gives them great insite and feedback on which accessories are working out the best at the track.

Drop shipping depends greatly on their wholesaler. Both Archers are fantastic Viper supporters.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"It will take them a couple days to get packed back up, and drive home. I would expect your order to be shipped out shortly."

Oh, I see,
until they are ready to deal with business at home they make excuses and tell fibs about when things get shipped?

I'm not saying that's what they are up to, you said that's what's going on.

If that's the case, they should tell their customers the truth.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"It will take them a couple days to get packed back up, and drive home. I would expect your order to be shipped out shortly."

Oh, I see,
until they are ready to deal with business at home they make excuses and tell fibs about when things get shipped?

I'm not saying that's what they are up to, you said that's what's going on.

If that's the case, they should tell their customers the truth.

Yessir.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"While attending this event may have slowed their shop business"

All they have to do is say,
"While attending this event we may have slowed our shop business".

Paul,
Since you are making excuses for them, how about telling me why they shouldn't tell the truth about shipping and in stock issues?

Remember Paul,
The problem was that the guy was getting the run around.

"I had called 4 days later, 7 days later, 3 days ago, and today, only to be told the same thing....I'll call you back with the tracker number. It was supposed to be drop shipped to my tuner at UGR, but they have not received it at all."

Well, how about it Paul?

Drop shipper the problem?
Well how about calling the drop shipper and doing a little customer service?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They probably outsourced their phone answering to a call center in India.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not making excuses for them.

Shank asked why he was not getting precise information as to why his order was has not been recieved by his tuner. I wished to give him information that some of the staff was off supporting the Viperdays events, and that might be the reason for slow communications.

In my shop, sometimes my computer shows an item in stock, and then when I go to look, the shelf is bare. Drives me nuts. But I agree, a phone call to the customer relieves lots of tension, and should be done immediately.

You guys are brutal.

PS. Those Moton shock are great.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are brutal.

Its what has to happen in this buisness. Only so many vipers and so many shops. I read and read and read these boards religiously. If I were to purchase a viper today, I know where I would take it for certain services simply based off what I read here. Silly? Nope, not at all. You don't make a choice like this based off of one complaint, but several of varying kind over a long period of time. :usa:

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You took my exact story, I ordered Motons 3 weeks ago and every time I call John says they shipped and UPS lost them and UPS will not give him any answers. I ask for the tracking number and John promises to call me right back. He doesn’t, so I have to call back and I get the same story. If doesn’t have them in stock just say so, if it is going to be 4 weeks just say so. Why lie again and again for 6 calls. The last time he said that UPS found the Motons and would reroute them and if they did not arrive by Thursday, he would overnight a second set so I would have them by the weekend. He lied again. I checked with the CC and there has been no charge to the card, so I am not out $$ but 2 weekends that I had to rearrange because of no parts. Very very annoying.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Frankly, their management *****. Why can't the person answering the phone give a straight answer? If the shop is inoperable when they're out then they should put somebody competent in charge so the business still runs.

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I get it- Archer does a great job supporting those who race and Jon B does a great job supporting those who race AND all the rest of the Viper nation. This is just customer service so no graduate degree required here. Jon I know they are the competion (or not) but how about calling them and telling them how to make that state of the art recording that says you'll be gone until a certain date but if it's an emergency ........ Or maybe Jon could offer to let Archer's phone calls be forwarded to him and he can handle everything - for $200 per call of course.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You took my exact story, I ordered Motons 3 weeks ago and every time I call John says they shipped and UPS lost them and UPS will not give him any answers. I ask for the tracking number and John promises to call me right back. He doesn’t, so I have to call back and I get the same story. If doesn’t have them in stock just say so, if it is going to be 4 weeks just say so. Why lie again and again for 6 calls. The last time he said that UPS found the Motons and would reroute them and if they did not arrive by Thursday, he would overnight a second set so I would have them by the weekend. He lied again. I checked with the CC and there has been no charge to the card, so I am not out $$ but 2 weekends that I had to rearrange because of no parts. Very very annoying.

Damm 2 people same crap???

I look at it this way.

if you got 1000 things going on thats one thing, hell most people will understand that but at the very least tell them the truth and if your running so slow dont be so fast to the the money.

My advice stay with partsrack www.partsrack.com and Roe racing www.Roeracing.com and this will NEVER happen again.

P.S. I hope everything works out for both of you

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to be contrary but I have had recent dealings with John and he has been very forthrite with me. I bought an aluminum flywheel and a Hurst shifter and then had to return the shifter as I didn't need it. I recieved the parts in short order and the shifter credit came back in good time. I can't imagine what is causing the delays you are having but I believe them to be honest and be patient.

eagles

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Not Duped! Thanks for the confidence in JonB, but I trust John Archer as I would trust a brother. Delays happen.

Shipping headches are involved with Moton (International Source) because of hazardous-material considerations (pressirized nitrogen) as well as customs headaches. 1 order can take 3 days...the 2nd order can take 60 days IF-IF-IF USCustoms decides to route these as 'hazardous-explosive' etc. PartsRack and Archer have the same problems here! No One's fault!

Ill bet John did NOT bill you til they shipped...and by NOW, both customers would have the product ANYWAY...not due to this thread. They finally came in last week. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING VCA VENDORS like Archer, Roe, and PartsRack. We have all paid our dues++ here a long time, and THANKS

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon.

Very classy response.

This information really cuts to the heart of the matter. There is indeed a fantastic ViperNation, both owners and suppliers.

Too often suppliers get trashed on a website, due to no fault of their own.
On the other hand it is also a good way to sort out the problem vendors.

archerracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wanted to put this post up as we do not specialize in bad customer service. The demand for the Moton SRT-10 shocks has been overwhelming to both us and Moton which is located in the Netherlands and the freight from them to us can be lengthy at times and out of our control. I for the first time had tried to drop ship from them to my customers and as I found out it doesn't seem to work well with customs and Fedex. I also would like to say that neither of the 2 people waiting for these deliveries were charged anything until they were shipped from me and both parties now have the Motons as of 2-02-05. When I am told that the items have shipped, thats all I can tell the customer. I work very hard to make sure that all orders go as smooth as possible, as this is not the way to have a respected name in business which I have worked very hard to get.

I can honestly say that we have a great following and a wonderful client base that is growing by leaps and bounds which I am sure is a sign of good service and product. And not by doing bad business.

And for the guy that claims I was going to charge him $200 to change 2 tires at V.O.I. Archer Racing does NOT do tires at any event and never has. So, he must be talking about another vender, and I myself wouldn't have paid that amount either!

So, in closing, again I am very sorry for the wait on the 2 orders and I have done everything in my power to get them the product they ordered, which they now have.

Thanks again to all our customers and if there are any further questions, my # is 218-727-4806. As I will not make another post regarding this issue. And remember that Archer Racing is the ONLY Viper Moton dealer and exclusive to Viper.

Thanks,
John Archer
Archer Racing

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must have you confused with the other Archer. Sorry. That guy is too high.

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It looks like John is ( rightly) blaming things beyond his control with shipping , etc. But the lack of communication seems to be what's bothering Shank and I'd be interested in hearing the explanation on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te