I want one!!! (First post)

Chuckdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to say Hi! Been lurking around for the past few weeks and I'm really starting to catch the 'Viper Fever' that is evident on this board. I bought 2 books and the Viper mag, also scanning Ebay, autotrader, etc. for an idea on market pricing for these snakes. So I'm learning what I need to know in order to put on a 'respectful' Viper search. I'm leaning towards a GTS right now, but might go with an RT-10 if I find a 'helluvadeal'.

Anyways, other than greetings, does anyone know if there's VCA members in the Tulsa, OK area? It would be a help to find a peer group for my search, look at everyone's vipers. etc. And I'll admit these cars are RARE around here (I know, they're rare everywhere... ) I've only seen 2 or 3 locally, and that was awhile back.

Thanks for any replies, buying advice, or anything in the spirit of the help already evident on this board.

Chuckdoc

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever car(s) you might consider for purchase, do yourself a favor and have a VCA Member look at it with you, or for you. Post a price range or years etc, and someone here on the board may know of one for sale. BTW, welcome !

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First step is to buy the book "Viper Buyer's Guide" by Liang on amazon. Will answer majority of your questions.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever car(s) you might consider for purchase, do yourself a favor and have a VCA Member look at it with you, or for you. Post a price range or years etc, and someone here on the board may know of one for sale. BTW, welcome !

Saphire is right on the money!

OP
OP
C

Chuckdoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First step is to buy the book "Viper Buyer's Guide" by Liang on amazon. Will answer majority of your questions.

Yup, I got that covered. Waiting for it to come in. I'll definitely be doing my homework on all the different years, what to look for, etc.. Although if anyone knows of local vipers or VCA members in Tulsa, OK or surrounding areas that would help out alot also! Can't believe some of the deals I see on ebay! So far it appears the GenI/II haved reached the nadir of the pricing curve, hope there's still some room for some good deals before they start climbing!! :crazy:

Thanks all,

Chuckdoc :usa:

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuckdoc,

I would agree with plumcrazy above about calling Bill Pemberton. It seems to me that the best way is to go through him because you definitely know what you are going to get. I have not (yet) had the pleasure in working with him, but I have read nothing but praises from everyone that has used him. I am also in the market and waiting for the perfect FE. Once you find the one you want (color and year) then it is hard not to be excited about getting one.

Also, I am located in OKC and have met a few viper owners when I went out to a SCCA event. It might be the best way to go (SCCA event) since it is a good way to get a viper out and about.