I want to change my interior some.....so what do I do?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to change my gray(kinda fuzzy/soft) dashboard into something nicer in my 95 RT/10 --red. I thought of having it painted red like the rest of the car, but I was told that fingernails and things can still scratch the paint, like on the glovebox. My ex used to open the glovebox and her fingernails would sometimes dig into the dash/glovebox and gouge it. They told me they can't sand the material but they could paint it, but the same thing would happen again to the painted surface, and I would have to buy a new glovebox door because the paint will not cover over the existing marks. SO I started looking around for some dash ideas. I was curious if any of you had any ideas for me or know of anything that would work. I really don't think that I want the heat treated stick on dash to cover over the old dash like at this website, and they don't have an exact color match. http://www.rernetworking.com/dodge_viper.htm

The console around the two 6 1/2 inch speakers is red fiberglass, if I could get that same look for my dash I would be much happier. Thanks to anyone for any info. you can help me with, thanks, Paul.

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe www.roeracing.com did an upgrage/update to my dads 93 changing it from the grey to black. Looks very nice and it doesn't seem to scratch as easily. I believe that the dash was around $400 and Sean sold the one that he took out for around $250, so that may be an inexpensive option for you to look into.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the '93 dast I bought from Sean Roe. I had a friend at a body shop sand and paint to match body. He said the sanding was a pain because the paint would gum up. But he got it clean eventually and it looks great!!
198NewRedDash-med.jpg

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are at the right address over here.
I just went through a 5 weeks long interior upgrade.
Some ideas :
- I just had all of the leather in my interior changed by Snake Hydes. The seats are 2 tone (black bolsters and silver in the middle). Console and door panels are also silver. All of this stuff will be installed this weekend.
Chad has been taking his business to the next level. As of now he will have several color options available, snake logos,... You name it. I have a black R/T and the black & silver combo looks awesome. It will be hard to catch the true beauty of the silver on a digital picture. You need to see it in reality.
- I also repainted my dash. Stripping the old stuff is a real PAIN. It took me several hours. You can't believe the **** I've gone through. For the painting I used 'Listrekote' model paint (buy it at any hobby shop). This is a very strong paint that is even resistant agaisnt fuel, etc... After painting I applied 3 layers of clear coat. Definitely the way to go.
- Other interior goodies added are the center console piece by ZAF (definitely a work of art) and some MGW goodies.

Expect some pictures pretty soon.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words about my new product!!! I am trying to get my website going. (I am not a computer guy) just a car guy and now an interior guy. As soon as I get permission form Dodge on the logos I will open up full time. I am also working on a sales brochure to send out so that the quality of the work can be seen because digital pictures do not show true colors and shading and color photos will. To all of you out there that sent me emails before the end of last year I still have them on file and will send you all the updated info and pictures first. I had to find a few brave souls that was willing to "go first" and Mike (96/RT) and Yves were the brave ones and I thank you for that. Mike chose to go with more of a conservative interior and only had is center console, knee bolsters, and door panels. Yves was " The bravest soul of all" He lives clear across the country, boxed the whole interior up and sent it to me and man did it turn out great. I am going to have to re-do mine because my ex-partner did not do my interior justice. The old saying falls true that if you want something done right you just have to do it yourself!! I am already tooled up and ready to do another Black and Silver tu-tone anytime. I will post some photos later....Chad Snake Hydes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper