I Would Like To Buy A Viper

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to buy a Viper 2000-2002 with less than 10000 miles, red or black, stock, no body dents. I am looking to spend between 33,000 and 37,000. Is this realistic? This would be my first Viper.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't find any with body dents because the body is not metal....you might find body holes though. You might find one in your price range that would have 20 to 30 thousand miles on it but that would still be a good buy. I feel it is still a buyers market. Have you checked the classifieds here yet? That would be your best bet to get a car that has been well taken care of. Good luck.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to buy a Viper 2000-2002 with less than 10000 miles, red or black, stock, no body dents. I am looking to spend between 33,000 and 37,000. Is this realistic? This would be my first Viper.

I am thinking more like $37K-$40K for a stock Viper with those miles. JMHO. :baby:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You should be able to do that if you increase your miles to 15K and under. RT/10 or GTS? Expect to spend a little more on the GTS.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can find an RT/10 in that price range wiht those miles but probably not less than $35K, unless you don't mind waiting a LONG time for someone to get desperate. The value of the GEN2 Viper has gone up about $7K-$8K in the last year, and my opinion is that its going to continue, not just because i own one. Use the Classifieds here, EBAY, Auto Trader, Cars.com, etc....you just don't want to buy one sight unseen, or you need someone like a lot of us veteran members and Viper Guru's to aid you through your purchase. Good luck and we look forward to having you as a member.:headbang:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You could have pulled this off last year... I think prices have gone up some as well. I got a great deal on my (one owner) 2001 GTS w/ 7k miles in November 2009 and have seen others get great deals last year.

If you are patient, you can get into one in the $37k to $40k range. Do your research and please get a PPI done.

Happy hunting!

:2tu:

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking for low miles your going to pay a little more. Miles are not that big a deal. The condition of the car is what your looking for. When I sold my RT/10 it had 88,000 miles on it and still ran strong. I'm now close to 60,000 on my GTS. I would look for one with a few more miles and save a few bucks. Get one that already has a few mods.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why only 2000-2002 ?

I just the body style of the Gen 2's

FYI, the Gen2 started in 1996
FYI, the Gen2 RT/10 has the same body style as the Gen1

I am a LOUISIANA hill billy too; but I do not own a Viper any more. Hurricane Katrina swept it away.
from- http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/643400-louisiana-vipers.html#post2941615

This contradicts your "first viper" comment...

"No body dents":rolaugh:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this one at a California dealership MARV. It is a 2000 RT with 9000 miles. I think the price is a bit high. In addition, I would have to have it shipped to the east coast

2000 Red RT/10 Dodge Viper for sale

Last edited:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you will find something nice in that range. Just takes a little patience. Good luck!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mecum auto auction had 3 i saw in person that they gave away- very low miles:dunno: dont no why but they went super cheap, nice cars seemed to be,

autoreality

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This time of year (spring) might be a bad time to find a car in that price range. I looked for my Viper for 3 years before the car came available at the money I wanted to spend.(Winter) Don't feel pressured to buy now. When a car gets 12 to 15 years old thats usually the best time to buy a soon to be a very collectable Viper. Good choice with a Gen 2. Also my favorite:2tu:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mecum auto auction had 3 i saw in person that they gave away- very low miles:dunno: dont no why but they went super cheap, nice cars seemed to be,
Yeah...Mecum has some low prices on alot of things that go through their auction from what I've seen! My 18 year old son was going nuts the other day when some older stuff went through.

sjmurray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a one owner 2001 GTS with 6600 miles for $34k last October. It was completely stock, in pristine condition, and looked brand new in every way. Even had brand new set of tires on it as the owner was worried the old ones were no longer safe. It took me about 6 months of looking to find it. Be patient and one will turn up.

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is good to hear. So it looks like I am in the right price range 34,000- 37,000 for a VIPER RT 2000 thru 2002. SJMURRAY, I bet you are enjoying your baby. What color did you get?

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For an RT/10 you are in the right price range... worst time to find one as everyone is bringing them out of hibernation up north. Down in the south, we try to drive them all year round...

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This time of year (spring) might be a bad time to find a car in that price range. I looked for my Viper for 3 years before the car came available at the money I wanted to spend.(Winter) Don't feel pressured to buy now. When a car gets 12 to 15 years old thats usually the best time to buy a soon to be a very collectable Viper. Good choice with a Gen 2. Also my favorite:2tu:

You looked for 3 years. :crazy2: I attend at least 4 Viper events a year not counting the track and Florida Mile events. You have patience because to me life is to short to miss all the great gatherings we have.

You must be registered for see images attach

Maurice and me at the Piper Airplane plant

Florida Mile event

Smokey Mountains cruise

Back road cruising

Slalom at Gainesville

North Florida Golf Course

The VCA has some awesome events that is filled with memorable experiences. Thanks to John Canal and Ivan ** for bringing these events together for all of us

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper