ideas for sourcing the hood?

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking for OEM or OEM shape hood, also to sell off mine (carbon fiber, older comp coupe style).

I love the look, but it makes too much front downforce, disrupts the flow over the rear wing, and pulls too much air from the engine bay - all issues are at 130 mph + so should not matter to people who do not run roadcourses with longer straights.

I am OK getting someone's take-off hood 09+ style or non-OEM produced one, as long as the shape is the same.

any ideas on where to start looking?

F

FrgMstr

I loved my Vipair hood and never had issue with it up to 165mph. It is a slight bit more aggressive look than OE, but nothing major.

OP
OP
L

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipair makes many different hoods. This particular one has very little in common with stock OE shape, does not work at higher speeds, and I would rather someone gets some use out of it (it does look very sharp and has excellent "ventilation") than cutting it up trying to make it work or having it go to the landfill.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hood coming from Vipair for my '08. Carbon fiber. I would recommend them or try Viper Parts of America (VPA). VPA sells OEM viper parts and they have '08 hoods for purchase.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipair all the way, it looks more aggressive and just has a bigger air scoop in the front

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking for OEM or OEM shape hood, also to sell off mine (carbon fiber, older comp coupe style).

I love the look, but it makes too much front downforce, disrupts the flow over the rear wing, and pulls too much air from the engine bay - all issues are at 130 mph + so should not matter to people who do not run roadcourses with longer straights.

The center venting on this hood is just like the center vents on the latest rev of the competition coupes. It is good to hear that the hood itself is increasing the front downforce, exactly what it is supposed to do. A simple way to remove some down force, may be to block off some of the vents or to block of just the center of vents, which would redistribute the airflow more to the outsides of the vents versus the center.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456