If Viper survives this is how to sell them.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree to that. I really liked some of the design pics they had of the next gen. Viper at VOI X. Close to the gen II body!!!

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's what I've been saying since 03'.

Offer a Gen 2 body as an option, and build them as they sell!

..... Oh! and bring Pete back!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kit cars with original factory or Oreca molds and blueprints. In a couple years all factory built cars are gonna be government mandated nannie machines. I don't want. I'd rather build my own real car.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each to there own but I wouldn't buy the Gen 2 style again. I really enjoy the Gen 4 Look. Got Rid of my 2000 ACR and couldn't be happier with the style of my 08 vs the 00. I took both of them to a school last month before I sold the 00. To show the sister in laws kids . And as soon as they layed there eyes on them . Didn't hear a single kid say I like the 00 better . Heard about 3 or 4 say I like the Black one better ;) I would have to agree with the kids .

clear.jpg

P1010491.JPG

P1010474.JPG

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is what happens when Bruce gets bored, he starts posting jabs to see how much drama he can start and how fast, lol

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really think it needs to be an evolutionary move, and have elements of both. Everyone is passionate about the vehicle they own and many state that the Gen II is better looking than the current vehicle. The reality is that most of those comments come from owners of Gen IIs , and as one who has owned 3, I too think the design is gorgeous, but................................I love the new look also ( an currently have an 04). One of the critical items Marketing must view ( whether in house or with another buyer ) is that regardless of our personal preference , the next car must appeal to the consumer and evolution makes the most sense to me. We currently get 20 to 1 requests for Gen III/IVs over Gen I and Gen IIs. This was not the case in 2003 or even part of 2004, but now the bulk of the calls come for the newer body styles - this has to be taken into account for the future.

The next Snake should work to try to appeal to both camps and should have also an appeal all it's own. Since this debate will go on forever, a new look would draw the most,in my opinion , if it incorporated a bit of each, yet with a more current and aggressive bent. Let's just get Ralph Gilles on the project and it is bound to be a major success!:2tu:

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well stated, Bill...but you're killin' me with such ideas... as you full well know that I have no more space.

So, if the powers-that-be come up with a great new design that I HAVE to have...fine...BUT, we'll be keeping it at YOUR house for a long while!!! :)

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think it needs to be an evolutionary move, and have elements of both. Everyone is passionate about the vehicle they own and many state that the Gen II is better looking than the current vehicle. The reality is that most of those comments come from owners of Gen IIs , and as one who has owned 3, I too think the design is gorgeous, but................................I love the new look also ( an currently have an 04). One of the critical items Marketing must view ( whether in house or with another buyer ) is that regardless of our personal preference , the next car must appeal to the consumer and evolution makes the most sense to me. We currently get 20 to 1 requests for Gen III/IVs over Gen I and Gen IIs. This was not the case in 2003 or even part of 2004, but now the bulk of the calls come for the newer body styles - this has to be taken into account for the future.

The next Snake should work to try to appeal to both camps and should have also an appeal all it's own. Since this debate will go on forever, a new look would draw the most,in my opinion , if it incorporated a bit of each, yet with a more current and aggressive bent. Let's just get Ralph Gilles on the project and it is bound to be a major success!:2tu:

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

GEN1,2,3,4 I want them all on my garage floor! Hey that rimes:rolaugh:
I love them all. That's how I solve this problem:lmao:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each to there own but I wouldn't buy the Gen 2 style again. I really enjoy the Gen 4 Look. Got Rid of my 2000 ACR and couldn't be happier with the style of my 08 vs the 00. I took both of them to a school last month before I sold the 00. To show the sister in laws kids . And as soon as they layed there eyes on them . Didn't hear a single kid say I like the 00 better . Heard about 3 or 4 say I like the Black one better ;) I would have to agree with the kids .

clear.jpg

P1010491.JPG

P1010474.JPG

Switch colors and the kids would say the other way around. ;)

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

clear.jpg

P1010491.JPG

P1010474.JPG

Cool pics and way to capture the lines of both. I for one love the design of both, but have to agree the Gen III / IV body has a more modern look to it.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Switch colors and the kids would say the other way around. ;)

You might be right about the colors. Most of the vehicles I have owned have been black and I debated for a long time before I bought the ACR if I should buy black or not . In the end thought that it would hide the contours of the car too much. Then regreted not buying it in black. Then with the new one couldn't be happier. Little harder to keep looking sharp but well worth it IMO . :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm somewhat partial to Gen II for obvious reasons, but there are many aspects of the Gen IV that I like as well. I think the analogy here is the retro strategy of bringing back classics like the Challenger, Z28 and so on. Take the best of both....

Having owned some early Jaguars, I used to hear lots about Jaguar "losing" its image by moving from the big sweeping lines of the XK120 and XK140 in favor of the flatter 150. Ahh, so goes progress.....

I acually prefer the back of the SRT coupe to the GTS Coupe, but then, that is one of the reasons I bought an RT....because I preferred the very flat/cutoff look from the back of the RT.

Clearly, you can't please everyone, but I like the idea of merging the best of the GenII's with the Gen IV's. I'd love to see some of the concept drawings of where they are thinking of going next.

Just wanna drive...top off!:drive:

Peter

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Give me a 600 HP RT/10 with the upgraded Suspention and brakes. :drive:
I had to let the 02 RT.10 go for The Performance upgrades :headbang:
If I had the money one of each would be just about right maybe Two of each!:omg:

+1 what Dan from Viper Specialities said.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1/2 looked better, but Gen 3/4 is good and the better fitting pieces helps a lot. I think you could refine the Gen 1/2 a little (but keep the curves rather than the angles/edges of the Gen 3/4), use better fitting pieces, and really have something!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bill Pemberton hit the nail on the head. It's evolution. I think the next generation car (if there is one) will no doubt be another evolution of the current style (Gen III&IV) but also draws on the Viper DNA and heritage (Gen I & II).I mean, it's got to look and feel like a Viper!:2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, Bills right. I love my Gen II, but it does look dated in some ways (headlights, hood speaker grills). The new ACR's really look hot, and the performance, that's a whole different issue. Long live the Viper!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob;

I always loved the GR-1. I thought it was a huge mistake Ford never built it. Had they built it, I would have probably had a GR-1 in my garage and not an SRT-10 Coupe as I was a born and raised Ford guy. Who knows, it the Viper gets the axe, they just might build it, but it will not have the show cars 600HP V-10 in it. Probably a 450 hp Eco-Boost III motor instead. If the weight was way down there and the entire car in Aluminum/Carbon Fiber, it could be an interesting and very fast ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21