Info on VCA Sponsored Viper one of 50?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an official Dodge vehicle and not done or sponsored by the club per se. There was also a red VCA Coupe done in 2006 with white stripes, also limited to 50 vehicles. A (free) lottery was held for each run and then 50 names drawn by Dodge. If any of the 50 bailed then they would go to the next person drawn. You could choose your selling dealer as well. All 50 of the yellow cars were "delivered" during a special ceremony at VOI 8 in Dallas. Awesome edition in my very humble opinion. :D

OP
OP
F

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Cool! I kind of like it! ....not the yellow dash though...but that is replaceable...

Great info! So was official dodge, and actual edition vehicle.

Is that a gen 4 hood?

Thanks,
R

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't all SRT10 bonnets carbon fiber? How is this possible to have a next generation hood on a previous version of the car? Special edition typically applies to a NEW car, not an old one that has been riced out. If VCA is really responsible for this casualty, this is nothing to be proud of for VCA. Yikes, and this applies not just to the fugly Hennessy rear spoiler and Seibon hood but to this tacky nav unit as well.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't all SRT10 bonnets carbon fiber? How is this possible to have a next generation hood on a previous version of the car? Special edition typically applies to a NEW car, not an old one that has been riced out. If VCA is really responsible for this casualty, this is nothing to be proud of for VCA. Yikes, and this applies not just to the fugly Hennessy rear spoiler and Seibon hood but to this tacky nav unit as well.
The Gen 3 and 4 cars have the exact same overall body style, thus the body panels are largely interchangeable - including the hood. There were no factory carbon fiber hoods until the 2013. The eBay car is an aftermarket Gen 4 hood as are the various screens in it. The wheels were also either replaced or refinished - those are not the correct color. The wing is, of course, quite aftermarket as is the nav unit. The yellow console bezels, yellow stitching, and numbered plaques are all factory.

The VCA was honored to have these two special editions (2005 & 2006) created on its behalf. Both very popular at the time, I don't remember any negative comments about either one. The yellow fans got their wish and the red fans got theirs a year later. It was pretty cool seeing all fifty of each in one spot when they were delivered. Especially if you were lucky enough to own one.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand about parts being interchangeable, this seems to a common mod, my point however, was about special edition being created retroactively in this case which is not really a special edition, just a VCA sponsored mod. In other words, VCA sponsored modified car is not the same as factory special edition car rolling off production line or factory sponsored tuner.
The Gen 3 and 4 cars have the exact same overall body style, thus the body panels are largely interchangeable - including the hood. There were no factory carbon fiber hoods until the 2013. The eBay car is an aftermarket Gen 4 hood as are the various screens in it. The wheels were also either replaced or refinished - those are not the correct color. The wing is, of course, quite aftermarket as is the nav unit. The yellow console bezels, yellow stitching, and numbered plaques are all factory.

The VCA was honored to have these two special editions (2005 & 2006) created on its behalf. Both very popular at the time, I don't remember any negative comments about either one. The yellow fans got their wish and the red fans got theirs a year later. It was pretty cool seeing all fifty of each in one spot when they were delivered. Especially if you were lucky enough to own one.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand about parts being interchangeable, this seems to a common mod, my point however, was about special edition being created retroactively in this case which is not really a special edition, just a VCA sponsored mod. In other words, VCA sponsored modified car is not the same as factory special edition car rolling off production line or factory sponsored tuner.
I think you are missing the point. This was a FACTORY VCA special edition built in 2004 as a 2005 model by Dodge. It wasn't sponsored by the club, but was a documented Dodge option. The eBay car was #26 of 50 just as it came off the factory assembly line at Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in 2004. Nobody from the VCA touched it, however one of the owners swapped out the hood, added a wing, added a nav unit, and did something with the wheels. Just like somebody doing something to a White Mamba Edition, it doesn't change what it is - just how it appears today. The VCA Edition was a 100% factory built car and listed as such with Chrysler, etc. What their subsequent owners would choose to do with them later didn't change that fact. Heck, you can still get the original factory VCA Edition floor mats from Mopar too - OEM part number and all.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well good, then you should contact the seller and have him or her correct the information since this is a very unfortunate case of misrepresentation and bad publicity for VCA. I am glad that VCA was not responsible for this car's final outcome.
I think you are missing the point. This was a FACTORY VCA special edition built in 2004 as a 2005 model by Dodge. It wasn't sponsored by the club, but was a documented Dodge option. The eBay car was #26 of 50 just as it came off the factory assembly line at Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in 2004. Nobody from the VCA touched it, however one of the owners swapped out the hood, added a wing, added a nav unit, and did something with the wheels. Just like somebody doing something to a White Mamba Edition, it doesn't change what it is - just how it appears today. The VCA Edition was a 100% factory built car and listed as such with Chrysler, etc. What their subsequent owners would choose to do with them later didn't change that fact. Heck, you can still get the original factory VCA Edition floor mats from Mopar too - OEM part number and all.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well good, then you should contact the seller and have him or her correct the information since this is a very unfortunate case of misrepresentation and bad publicity for VCA. I am glad that VCA was not responsible for this car's final outcome.

LOL....I'm sure that's gonna happen...

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte