Injector connectors

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

How many of you are using the stock injector connectors on your blower car? When I bought the Roe kit he was not including the upgraded connectors with the system. Now that my car is all said and done I keep getting a missfire code on cylinder #10. This may or may not be the problem so I ask who has had luck with the stock connectors. I have no problem buying the upgraded ones but pulling off the fuel rails is always a big mess. I think I also have to take off the blower intake as they are connected to the fuel rails.

Thanks for any comments. Besides this simple code, which could be a number of things (Sean explained some other causes), the car is pretty wild.

-Keith

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too long (mileage wise) after my blower went on my car started missing terribly. Fortunately it happened the day before Dr. Macedo was making a housecall, and he put the new injector connectors on and it hasn't missed since. It may well not be why you're getting the code, but I would definitely do the upgrade at some point.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN!
I just hate getting all that fuel everywhere!

Ill have to do it. I forget what I had to do when I put the blower on, but can you get the entire wiring harness out with just removing the intake and fuel rails?
I would like to solder the connections to the new connectors.

Thanks guys.

Keith

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah. . . 1 more thing. What is the best way to get the blower intake and fuel rails off while minimizing fuel spillage. I remember when I took off the stock intake, I unscrewed the gas cap, which helped, but fuel got all over Dave. (That why I had Dave do that step - Im such a great friend hahaha.)

Thanks!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to pull the fuel rails and intake tubes. Use a rag and bleed pressure off the test port. You can use rags and try to catch as much fuel as possible when you undo the AN fittings but it will be hard to catch it all. Maybe get a few AN caps. If you can get the injectors to come off with the fuel rail....you will prevent some spillage there. I have put connectors on without disconnecting the harness from the coils....it is better in the long run to take the harness all the way off.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony.

I have sonething to do tomorrow. Ill take off the entire harness and wire it in my garage. I like to solder and heat shrink tube the crimp connectors so I will be able to do that. Do you reccommend taking off the T-bodies and throttle stuff or can you leave that attached and just kind of set everything aside with a towel under it? I have only installed one of these. I have not taken any of it apart.

Thanks guys.

Keith

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the throttle bodies on the tubes....the linkage will come off when you remove the first tube. I had a connector that was my gremlin for months....replaced with the good connectors and presto.

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also I would recommend that you get a good crimper for the new connectors, I borrowed a Molex Crimper from work to do mine; it made all the difference in getting the connectors to slide and lock correctly into the connector housing.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keith and Tony, As Larry Macedo was finnishing my rebuild, Sean Roe installed a new diffuser on the bottom of the supercharger, the intent is to even out the charge to all cylinders. Even with this installed and the new connectors soldered on, I was getting multiple misfire codes. Larry put a 96 pcm on the car and adjusted the fuel to the 9 and 10 injectors in order to even the fuel delivery.
By the way, Sean was great, hand making the new diffuser and installing it for me when I arrived at his shop at 8:30 in the morning.
Tony

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the complete injector wire harness with clips from Dodge or Mopar? And if it just clips off the car somewhere as a complete harness or do you have to solder/crimp each injector clip? I get those codes every now & then & would like to replace all the injector clips or entire harness.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the complete injector wire harness with clips from Dodge or Mopar? And if it just clips off the car somewhere as a complete harness or do you have to solder/crimp each injector clip? I get those codes every now & then & would like to replace all the injector clips or entire harness.

The stock connectors are a POOR design, what you need is MSD injector connectors to put on your harness. Roe has them in packs of ten and they are cheap. Beware......I think they are to big to pass between the intake runners like the stock harness. If true, then you need to solder them on the harness with the wires sticking up through the intake runners instead of soldering and "then" trying to pull them up through the intake.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSD connector:

248msd_injector_connector.jpg

Stock connector:

248stock_viper_injector_connector.jpg