Injector upgrade?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is not a monitored system. So I run an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge on my piller so I can see it all the time. Sending unit is in the old shrader valve location. Hangs out around 52-55 psi...but that assumes a correctly calibrated gauge.

The last time I was at the dyno, we logged fuel pressure from the shrader valve location and I plan on doing the same this time. I didn't have these mods then but fuel pressure went from 58psi to 56psi at WOT. I'll see if I can get a data logger to capture duty cycle info.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting a duty cycle of even a stock computer car is easy.... getting a reliable dyno number... that's the hard part.

In looking at the fuel tables in the SCT software for my GEN-II, at WOT @ 5600 RPM, the injectors are firing at 18.4 ms at zero vacuum (1bar) with 21 ms available at 6000 RPM...so that indicates the duty cycle is at 87%. For what its worth.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony .... Inquiring minds want to know....

It wasn't the greatest weather for a dyno today, but how'd it go?

Looks like you'll crush me at NJMP as I haven't gotten my stuff from GG yet

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car made 580 rwhp on a completely stock set up, no increase in pressure. Call it BS if it makes you feel good.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony .... Inquiring minds want to know....

It wasn't the greatest weather for a dyno today, but how'd it go?

Looks like you'll crush me at NJMP as I haven't gotten my stuff from GG yet

Didn't happen yet, work has been hectic and I've had to delay the tuning. I'm scheduled for this Saturday. Don't worry about being crushed at NJMP. I'm not out to set records, I just want to have some fun on the track.