Innovate LED / switch mounting

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys permanently mounting the LC-1 switch and LED for periodic calibration? What creative mounting ideas have you come up with if so?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about mounting that little red reset button? If so, I followed DY's instructions and mounted the switch behind my PCM cover plate. I installed the LED indicator per DY's illustration into the PCM cover by drilling a small hole through it to fit the LED. This allows me to see the LED from the 'gill' under the hood, driver's side. For a calibration (just did one) I just reached into the PCM cover and pushed the button. Its out of the way yet easy to get to.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm looking at the Innovate warning:
WHEN INSTALLED IN THE EXHAUST, THE OXYGEN SENSOR MUST BE CONNECTED AND OPERATING WITH THE LC-1 WHENEVER THE CAR IS RUNNING. AN UN-POWERED OXYGEN SENSOR WILL BE DAMAGED WHEN EXPOSED TO EXHAUST GAS.

So, I guess you guys are peeking through the grill to see if the LED shows normal operation. I was thinking of something in the cockpit. Substitute a NASA looking switch for the momentary pushbutton, and you have something that could look like a rocket launcher. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHEN INSTALLED IN THE EXHAUST, THE OXYGEN SENSOR MUST BE CONNECTED AND OPERATING WITH THE LC-1 WHENEVER THE CAR IS RUNNING. AN UN-POWERED OXYGEN SENSOR WILL BE DAMAGED WHEN EXPOSED TO EXHAUST GAS.

So, I guess you guys are peeking through the grill to see if the LED shows normal operation. I was thinking of something in the cockpit. Substitute a NASA looking switch for the momentary pushbutton, and you have something that could look like a rocket launcher. :D

Yes, peeking when the car is running. I like your idea about the NASA switch! :)

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to monitor both banks. I was thinking of a couple of these, with suitable annunciators. :D
You must be registered for see images

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a couple pics of my setup inside the car
I think it is stealthy yet easy to use in the car and looks clean
this is on the panel under the steering column
the headlight switch is to the left of the button/LEDs and the fusebox is at the bottom of the panel

there is only 1 momentary button because I wired the black wires together after the LEDs
I figure there will never be a reason not to calibrate the sensors at the same time

the LEDs are separate to monitor the codes from each sensor
I see this as superior to mounting the LEDs in the engine bay because I will know if the sensor is sending a code while I'm driving

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, forgot to attach the pics :doh2:

I can get a pic installed in the car if anyone cares

Attachments

• IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a couple pics of my setup inside the car
I think it is stealthy yet easy to use in the car and looks clean
this is on the panel under the steering column
the headlight switch is to the left of the button/LEDs and the fusebox is at the bottom of the panel

there is only 1 momentary button because I wired the black wires together after the LEDs
I figure there will never be a reason not to calibrate the sensors at the same time

the LEDs are separate to monitor the codes from each sensor
I see this as superior to mounting the LEDs in the engine bay because I will know if the sensor is sending a code while I'm driving

Pics? I'd love to see your setup.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you purchase one of their serial A/F gauges to go with the LC-1 you get the cal button and LED integral to the gauge. That would probably be the ideal solution for a cockpit mount. The alternative to that (with an analog gauge) is to program the LC-1 analog output to that gauge to show a total rich or lean condition (your preference) when the LC-1 detects an error. :eater: