Installed Green Filters Today....

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the car so long trying to figure out if i feel any sort of increase in power, i guess i don't, but its hard to tell, the more i think about it driving, the more i feel its a bit more responsive. I'm sure its all in my head though. Its not easy to feel a few extra HP on a car with so much power already. The filters are much less restricive looking then stock if that even matters. For the money, i think there worth it.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first mod. I put green filters in my new SRT 10 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like engine breathes better and a little better throttle response. I had to wiggle the filters around to get the top of air box screwed down. So much so that the filters are squeezed a little. They look the same size as stock but a very tight fit, I think too tight. I wonder if you or others had the same problem.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you used the stock air box them you will not see any results that you can feel. One needs to go with the K & N filtercharger and replace the K & N filters with Green Filters. Before installing the filtercharger one needs to drill out the vent holes in the plastic as they are to restrictive. Also you will need to remove the baffle in the air scoop on the hood. Believe me then you will feel the difference. We have the Green Filters in stock that replace the K & N filters that come on the filtercharger kit.

Robbie

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first mod. I put green filters in my new SRT 10 a couple of weeks ago. Seems like engine breathes better and a little better throttle response. I had to wiggle the filters around to get the top of air box screwed down. So much so that the filters are squeezed a little. They look the same size as stock but a very tight fit, I think too tight. I wonder if you or others had the same problem.

I had the same problem, i was not sure why it was not closing easily. But after enough effort i got it to shut and was able to screw it down.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you used the stock air box them you will not see any results that you can feel. One needs to go with the K & N filtercharger and replace the K & N filters with Green Filters. Before installing the filtercharger one needs to drill out the vent holes in the plastic as they are to restrictive. Also you will need to remove the baffle in the air scoop on the hood. Believe me then you will feel the difference. We have the Green Filters in stock that replace the K & N filters that come on the filtercharger kit.

Robbie

Mixing K&N and Green? Is that legal? :D Do you think if i keep the stock airbox and remove that plastic baffle in the air scoop it will do anything?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the stock air box and I have removed the baffle and it seemed to help. Got caught in a good rain the other day -checked -and no water on the filter. Three small screws ,at the back of baffle, hold it in place.

I may try the k&n filtercharger ,and mod the air box a little.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember to stick a towel in the air scoop before spraying the car down.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will that much water really get in otherwise? Now i am a little worried removing it since i daily drive my car and here in Florida you sometimes get stuck in the worst rain you can think of.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had a baffle since 2003 and I have 25000+ miles on the snake. No problems even in the heaviest rain. Your results may vary.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellowviper dont think you will have a problem

Viperfreak--did you drill out the vent holes

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the vent holes are the holes in front of the lower part of air box-on my 2006 SRT coupe their are two cut outs about 2" wide and 3/25" in height. However this was reco. by Racer Roibbie because they say their modded air box is completely sealed. Dont know if this should be done or if it would help on factory air box.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Will that much water really get in otherwise? Now i am a little worried removing it since i daily drive my car and here in Florida you sometimes get stuck in the worst rain you can think of.

Maybe you can drill a couple of small holes in the bottom of the aibox to drain any water that collects.

I have to go out and see if this is feasible, I do not remember the anatomy of the airbox so do not grill me if this is not an option!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had any rain do any damage while using the the stock air box with the K & N Filtercharger Conversion installed and the baffle removed. I relaced the K & N filters that came with the Filtercharger Conversion Kit with Green Filters. Even in a driving rain at 80 MPH I have never had a problem. If anyone is interested in Green Filters to add to your K & N Filtercharger just PM me.

Robbie

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have green filters in your factory air box-will these filters go on the K&n filtercharger. May be wrong but I dont think they will because it looks like the filters are held on by a clamp.

Why does one have to put green filters on the k&n filtercharger. Fitment issues in factory box?

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In that case, i may try to remove the baffle and see how it is. But man i am just worried, the rain in florida is just really bad storms all the time in the summer. I know if water ever got in there or to much if it, there would be a pretty big problem. Maybe i will use that idea and try to drill some small holes in the bottom of the air box.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HISS, the green filters that fit the OEM air box and the K & N Filtercharger Kit are different part numbers. The Greens flow more air.

Robbie

SRTTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small world, but I installed Green filters yesterday and there is a 1/2" or so OD drain hole in the bottom of the air box. If it was not there you would be sucking water in a hard rain.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small world, but I installed Green filters yesterday and there is a 1/2" or so OD drain hole in the bottom of the air box. If it was not there you would be sucking water in a hard rain.

I just looked today and besides that larger hole in the center you are talking about, there are 2 smaller holes at the bottom where each filter goes. So a total of 3 holes seems like it is enough.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those three little screws are not that easy to get out. The problem is-finding a way to see what you are doing.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those three little screws are not that easy to get out. The problem is-finding a way to see what you are doing.

I didn't have time again, kind of sad i can't take a few minutes out of the day and attemp to do it. But there are 3 screws? I though it was only on by that one in the center. Should i just take the whole hood off to see what i am doing better? j/k

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are three small phillips head screws that are hard to see. I wouldn't take the hood off, but I almost had to lay on my back in the motor compartment. Have a shop light handy. Once you see where they are located you should not have any problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang