Installed the porter intake and car is making a loud sound

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put on my bad boyyz intake manifold on my 09 ACR and Am hearing a loud whistle from the engine , any ideas about what is the cause ?

I will take it off again and reinstall .

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big time ouch. You need to call the guys at BBG and ask them for the install info, or find another resource. You can't simply put the part on the car and tighten up the bolts in any order. Hopefully nothing was damaged.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put on my bad boyyz intake manifold on my 09 ACR and Am hearing a loud whistle from the engine , any ideas about what is the cause ?

I will take it off again and reinstall .

ACRsnake,

I've just sent you an email and a VCA PM. A note to you (ACRsnake) and all of my DIY clients, please know that my company is always avaliable to answer your questions and provide technical support. Please feel free to call or email me directly and I will get back to you in a timely manner..

Below are the basic installation steps and torque specifications for our race ported intakes. Keep in mind that this type of high performance upgrade is a straight forward, but requires a very technical torque sequence and a high quality "Inch lb. Torque Wrench". Inhouse at BBG we will repeat the torque sequence several times taking into consideration (ensure) bolt stretch. Better to be safe than to have vacuum leaks..

Basic Install Process for BBG Race Ported Intake Manifold - Viper Gen 4:

Re-assemblel Top Plenum to Lower Ported Intake:
*Clean & degrease machined surfaces and metal gasket (replace metal gasket if damaged or marginal in quality).
*Install all 18 bolts using just a dab of blue loctite.
*Torque from center out pattern using 3 step torque sequence to a finsished 106 Inch. Lbs. Trq.

Re-install the Dual Drive-by Wire Throttle Bodies:
*Clean & degrease machined surfaces and inspect rubber seal (gasket).
*Replace seal (gasket) if damaged or marginal.
*Install the 4 bolts per throttle body hand tight with a dab of blue loctite.
*Torque using a mandatory criss - cross sequence to a maxiumun 71 Inch. Lbs. Trq.

Re-install Complete Intake Manifold:
*Clean & degrease machined surfaces on intake manifold runners and Viper's cylinder head intake runners.
*Install all 10 individual green seals (gaskets) onto intake manifold runners (replace gaskets if damaged or marginal in quality).
*Slowly & evenly install (drop) intake manifold assembly into place making sure not to damage green seals.
*Install the 20 bolts and hand tighten (don't worry about using rubber bolt collars, they are used for production only, not for re-install)
*Torque intake manifold runner bolts using a 3 step torque sequence to a finsihed 95 Inch. Lbs. Trq.
*Sequence pattern (start cylinder 5-6-7-3-4-8-9-1-2-10 finish cylinder).
*Triple check..

Re-connect purge solenoid vacuum line, fuel line, brake booster hose, PVC hose, MAP sensor, throttle body electrical connectors, air cleaner housing, connect battery cable.

These few tips should help your high performance upgrade modification a success!!

Thanks for your consideration.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President
[email protected]
(916) 505-9026

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa: