Installing Belanger headers at home???? Difficult?

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im considering the Belanger Headers. How hard is this gonna be for a fairly decent wrench in a home garage without lift.
Maybe this should be a project to do after the new garage is finished (will have lift)

Thanks,
Jason

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I install them without a lift on a regular basis and the complete installation of headers and exhaust has never taken more than 5 hours from start to finish with 3.5 hours being the norm.

Maybe, I work faster than most.

This system is designed for the do-it-yourselfer as no welding is required. The first timer can expect an afternoon of work with the phone off the hook. If purchased through BTR, I include a detailed installation sheet in excess of the installation instructions that come with the headers.

Tom

Velox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a straight forward do it yourself project. I did mine on a Saturday in my garage, no lift, usual tools, took my time and only had a few glitches, mostly related to not being sure how much room I needed. I did the side sill cover mod at the same time, so took me longer than most :2tu:

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
You will be fine doing the install youself. I did mine in the garage without a lift with no difficulties. They are very well made and fit right out of the box.Good luck.
Doc