Installing front and rear stereo cameras...Pics....

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having some fun installing a pioneer Z3 stereo, got a little creative with the cameras take a look.

I installed the rear camera in the key hole for the trunk, and before anyone starts with the what if, I had a cable that runs to the tag light that I can pull to open the trunk if the battery goes dead.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next the front camera, the only fuction of the front is to look at the side walk when parking, The front carbon fiber splitter is not cheap. The way I did it I had a button intalled in the power outlet that I can press when needed.

Let me know if you all like it.Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job on the install. I love these types of mods.
Good idea about the rear camera location too.

Im still playing with the dash parts, but the rear camera drops in with out any modification to the hole.I love these types of projets.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to cut some brackets to make it fit, and then re do the face plate.

I hear you, but the radios in the vipers are not that good..

I don't know about the radio, but the speakers ****! I replaced the sides & now the middle console one rattles (I don't have even have to turn it up) the guy that installed the sides didn't want to tackle the console one (is it pita to get out)

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need to hold the button in for the use of the front camera
or does it switch between the two by depressing it once?
How is it spliced between the two cameras?
I currently have a small audio/video switch for both front/rear cameras inside the glovebox but I like the button set up you have better.
Thanks

Demoe

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the metal in the dash? Or just plastic?
You have to trim metal and plastic, What I did I cut the metal bottom bracket and then did a 1 off metal bracket to go in place with the clerace I needed, but if you just cut the metal bracket with out any replacement custom bracket it will be fine.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you need to hold the button in for the use of the front camera
or does it switch between the two by depressing it once?
How is it spliced between the two cameras?
I currently have a small audio/video switch for both front/rear cameras inside the glovebox but I like the button set up you have better.
Thanks

Demoe

With the Avic Z3 I have front and rear outputs, but the rear is plug to the reverce and the front when the button is press turns on the front camera.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to trim metal and plastic, What I did I cut the metal bottom bracket and then did a 1 off metal bracket to go in place with the clerace I needed, but if you just cut the metal bracket with out any replacement custom bracket it will be fine.

Had a set of bezels cusom fabbed and painted for the doubledin, and got right up to where I had to cut the magnesium support structure in the dash, and chickened out. Now the 2din unit I bought is in my GF's car.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a set of bezels cusom fabbed and painted for the doubledin, and got right up to where I had to cut the magnesium support structure in the dash, and chickened out. Now the 2din unit I bought is in my GF's car.:rolleyes:
That bracket looks scarry but its not that bad on the 03 the brackett is not magnesium.
The rb1 is !!!!!! sold!!!!!!

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking about the front sidewalk camera as well...but
where did you put the camera?
Can you take a pic of where the camera is located? :eater:
Im just thinking about rim rash.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's why I installed curb feelers on mine. (uh, j/k)

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week I'm getting a JVC NT3HDT installed. how important is that magnesium, or whatever it is, on an '04 bracket inside the dash that needs to be cut?

My plan is the JVC NAV unit, a couple Arc mini amps under the seat, and an Alpine processor.

I really like how you mounted the camera, I might consider the same if mounting it above the license plate is too ugly.

~Jay

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's where I mounted mine. Alpine D106 unit.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week I'm getting a JVC NT3HDT installed. how important is that magnesium, or whatever it is, on an '04 bracket inside the dash that needs to be cut?

My plan is the JVC NAV unit, a couple Arc mini amps under the seat, and an Alpine processor.

I really like how you mounted the camera, I might consider the same if mounting it above the license plate is too ugly.

~Jay
You will be just fine by just cutting it, many have done it with out insident. The camera location is great and it looks 100% better that one hanging of the plate. These cameras have great angle viewing you can mounted anywhere. Your set up sound good.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heres a pic of the front camera, the only function for the camera is for sidewalk distance to the splitter. Im still working on the location I think I can put it in some more, but the camera is tiny.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh c'mon Chuck, now you could put that to good use, a great viewing angle of those you pass. :2tu:

Typically they are required for racing. I have one on my tracker. If I were gonna put one on my street car the lens would be pointed towards the windows so I could record cops being a-holes.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically they are required for racing. I have one on my tracker. If I were gonna put one on my street car the lens would be pointed towards the windows so I could record cops being a-holes.

Now that may be the best idea yet. Boy could I tell a story about a trooper who pulled me over in my Gen2 yrs ago for no front plate ... you'd have thought I had an " F the Po Po" bumper sticker or something. Miraculously no bad run ins since.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They both look good, I wish I would of got the camera now I gotta pull it again. I have the alpine unit.
Looks like the front mount will see the curb pretty good. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both look good, I wish I would of got the camera now I gotta pull it again. I have the alpine unit.
Looks like the front mount will see the curb pretty good. :2tu:
The front camera is a life saver, Im very please how that worked out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth