Installing Zeitronix Datalogging System. Tap wires from?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, installing my Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband AFR meter and datalogging system and have a few questions about where I can tap these wires into to get signals that I need. I know most of these wires that I need go into the PCM. Can I tap them there? These are the signals that I need.

Ignition Power
RPM Input 0-5V, 0-12V primary (low voltage) side of ignition coil
Power Ground
Throttle Position Sensor

Like I said I see these wires are located at the PCM. Can I tap into them there for the signal? I was told that I need to get these signals from the TPS, fuel injector, and the coil but if the wires go to the PCM why can I not just tap into them there? :dunno:

I'm very excited to get this kit installed so I can start tuning my own car!! :headbang:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely post pictures when your done. I am an avid Zeitronix supporter, they are just too pricey and don't fit my car's scheme for everything I want to do.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's not much info on this site about Zeitronix but I was pointed in their direction from a viper tech that I trust 110%. Looking forward to playing around with it once it is installed. Once I get everything installed I will post a thread about this system.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't matter where you tap into the signal, as long as you are careful to get the right wires. Disconnect the harness from the PCM to do it and disconnect the battery while you're working on this as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235