Integrated Jacks

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine was telling me about some electric integrated jacks installed on a race car. Anyone heard of these - I thought they were all air or nitrogen powered.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know on out GT3 Cup car we have integrated jacks. Never heard of anyone using electric (as far as a race application they'd be pretty slow compared to compressed air). Most compressed air/nitrogen jocking systems are just called compressed air systems. We (and all most teams) utilize nitrogen due to its very dry characteristics. You don't want to get any moisture into the jacking system. Nitrogen will not carry moisture with it.

Godsize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine was telling me about some electric integrated jacks installed on a race car. Anyone heard of these - I thought they were all air or nitrogen powered.

I have never heard of electrically operated onboard jacks. I race with the Ferrari 360 GT team that competes in the Rolex Grand Am series, and our jacks are nitrogen powered as you mentioned above. :headbang:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have never heard of electrically operated onboard jacks. I race with the Ferrari 360 GT team that competes in the Rolex Grand Am series, and our jacks are nitrogen powered as you mentioned above. :headbang:

Shouldn't you be in Daytona now ?

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any downside to having these on your street car?

i would love to pull up and ZIPPPPP

Bam, change a flat, or just scare the [******] out of a passenger or something

lol

how much $$?
any cons?