Is a very small exhaust leak ok?

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the Corsas with High-flow cats, and I love them. It is Awesome!!!

I can feel a small amount of exhaust when putting my hand up to one of the connections. I have tried to tighten ect....

It is not audible, and is a very small leak. Is it ok to have small leaks, or should I have it fixed?

Thanks!!

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fixed of course but many options

1) new connection or pipe piece

2) patch form store - looks ugly

3) metal clamp patch - looks acceptable and only costs like $10 with all parts and pieces. ( this works REALLY well fo rsmall leaks.)

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no problem...went through it with VW. Go with the metal clamp idea. It is one clamp on either end. And the metal piece is like a huge clamp that is held together , or compressed by the outer clamps. for small leaks, this is VERY cheap and VERY effective. big metal piece....$5 or maybe up to $7? For the end clamps, maybe around $3. So yeah, $10 - $12 MAX and you got the problem fixed. Might need to disconnect some pieces of exhaust system to make it work. But a $12 fix for a $1500 system, and a $40,000 or more car, I would do it. Check it out if the clamp idea will work but if not, post again. I got tons of ways to fix this stuff. You figure these things out when your a college student who has to "make do" with what little he has.........lol

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the band clamps that you can pick up at the local auto store. Works great in my opinion and cost about $10.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If leak in sidesill area, have fixed same ON NEW INSTALLATION by removing the Corsa supplied band clanp, and filling the two small silts in the downstream side (female end of slip joint) of the pipe with a TINY roll of aluminum foil, then sliding the band clamp back to proper position, and retighten carefully...initially to 48-50 lb-ft....can go to 60 lb-ft if necessary...but BE SURE to reapply the antiseize before turning the bolt on the clamp.

ALSO, be sure that the bolt on clamp is in the proper position in relation to the two slits mentioned above...per the specific Corsa directions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets