Is it true, new coupe is out of the bag??

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, but don't you remember someone had some concept photos of what the car could have looked like (GTSR?) and if it had 700-800 hp, it would have started a new revival in these cars. As it is, it's just going to increase the value of the Gen 1 and Gen 2's. (Imagine that guy buying that Gen 1 black hardtop for only 23k dollars last week. That was one great purchase. If it was in Indiana-no-place, I would have bought that car but I believe it was a CA car where someone probably paid for it with his pocket change.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jesus that thing looks like it's standing on its tippy-toes! It needs a 3-4" lowering.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of the SRT/10 (even though I think it looks much better in person than in pics) but I like the new coupe looking at the pics. Maybe its just the b/w paint job, but I think it looks really nice. Still not as cool as Gen 1 and 2's though.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly guys, I think you're wrong. I think the new Viper coupe will have an initial negative effect on the GenI and GenII market. A new car is a new car and is attractive just for that. Maybe in the long run DC's lack of "progress" will boost the overall values. I also think the new Z06 will have some impact on the used Viper market.

I think you guys may be blinded by your desire to gain on the investment, but I'm willing to conceed I may be blinded by my desire to get in with the lowest possible outlay...only time will tell.

Honestly, I think one of the big influences on the Viper market in the next few years will be gas prices...

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP question, how much does increased HP make a difference vs. a more skilled driver? If I remember right Bill P. waxed a bunch of the Comp coupes at MAM in a Gen 2 car. Wouldn't a more skilled driver make up say a 50hp difference? I don't race but i've seen lots of races so I was just wondering.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but imagine a good driver in a car with real power. maybe not more than the competition but the same amount of power.

then the viper would dominate. now its gonna be run of the mill AT BEST

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ephrata, WA? ***? I didn't even know there was dealership in that town. If you go there to pick the car up, don't blink because you might drive right by it.

I guess Dodge is selling them to any dealer that will take them.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the looks, except it sits too high. I'll keep my GTS for now, but would consider down the road... I also think the new Z will be a problem for the new Viper, but I don't think it will impact Gen 2 cars, as people buy Vipers because they ARE VIPERS.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but imagine a good driver in a car with real power. maybe not more than the competition but the same amount of power.

i must say one thing. when there used to be no coupe everyone wanted there to be a coupe. so dc gave you a coupe. now its near the production time and now you want more power. nobody before complained about power but now everyone wants more power (including me). its too late to complain (i think) so just be glad they gave you a coupe. hopefully next year there will be an increase

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC hasn't invested squat into the Viper in years. 400-450-500hp was HUGE way back when. Now everyone's got it, or can get it e-z. The Neon SRT Racer buzzbox thing has had more development than the Viper. Nice touch DC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456