Is my engine about to break? UK needs your help!!!

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
I wonder if you can help? The "engine warnign light" in the centre dash panel on my 94 RT/10 keeps coming on intermitently, especially when its been idling for a a few minutes, (eg driving through slow traffic) Obviousely the oil pressure drops a bit too. Can anyone shine any light on this for me? Am i loosing pressure from perhaps a blowing gasket or something similar?
Taz.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi
Had a prob last week with mine ..
I had the check engine light come on after 10mins of driving turned out to be an O2 sensor on the left bank N/S.
Is your VIPER showing a code turn ingnition on off 4 times then leave it on 2 flashes pause 3 flashes=23 5+5 means the end..

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not very likely...

99 times out of 100, a check engine light is for some emissions related issue, not catastrophic failure.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not very likely...

99 times out of 100, a check engine light is for some emissions related issue, not catastrophic failure.
Joe, that maybe true on 96 and up [OBDII], on GENI's that light maybe INPORTANT!?

Taz, do you have a way of running "codes" on your car?
If not, try pulling codes yourself: Roll the key on three times [don't start it] on the third time, watch the "check engine light"! It will stay on steady for a few seconds, then it will start flashing two digits codes at you. Example: One flash pause Two flashs = 12 "Battery recently disconnected" Five flashs pause Five flashs = 55 "End of test sequence"
Post your results!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, did mean to lead astray...

The year matters...

The year matters...

The year matters...
"
"
"

OP
OP
T

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill check the codes and post back in a few days when Im home again
Taz

OP
OP
T

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck and gang
OK - I checked the codes by turning the key three times. I got 12 - 33 - 55. So 12 is correct because I did disconnect the battery over the winter. 55 means the end of the sequence - so WHAT DOES 33 MEAN??!!

By the way, just to clarify it was the engine light on the dash that keeps coming on NOT the "check engine" light. They are 2 seperate lights.

Cheers
Taz.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My engine light comes on (sometimes)when the motor is hot. This could show up in rush hour traffic, when car is not moving enough. Temp will show in 230-250 area. Car is not puking antifreeze or anything else unnormal. As soon as the car starts to mkove at 30-40 mph, temp goes down and light goes out.
Someone told that the early Viper temp gauges were "overly sensitive". Mine being a -93 I have been told its common and not an issue.

Chuck changed the headgaskets this spring, after that I have not seen the light... Then again, I'm no longer living in TX, where the light had a tendency to flash more often.....

Lauri

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine