Is there a Fix?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today i boiled my Powersteering fluid. Noticed while racing fluid hitting my windshield. We had a situation while on track red flags were flying. when i was parked i noticed some smoke comming from under the hood. When we were ordered back to the pits due to a car catching on fire, on the hood was powering steering fluid. sure enough boiled over. Is there another powersteering tank available that might not be plastic? Should i install a catch can or look at another alternative?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you certain the cap didn't come off starting the problem? If so, Archer or Roe Racing have a fix to keep it on.

Are you certain the line to the reservoir didn't come off? That rather common.

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powersteering fluid cap: tight. Does not smell burnt.
Can't find a leak anywhere. definately comming from drivers side somewhere. all hoses are tight, no leaks when car is running. Just have to sit back & see what happens next.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,
We seem to get a little overflow / dribble / seepage over the top of the PS cap and down the side when we fill ANY over the add mark. Seems worse on "busy" tracks, but we know we're not boiling fluid based on smell, color, rate of flushing, etc. I am gonna try to keep it at the lowest safe level and see if that fixes it - it certainly lessens as the fluid level gets closer to the add mark.

:)

You coming to VIR?????????

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni,
I just flushed the PS system, did not fill completely.

VIR??? are those 1/2 coupons good for non Carolina Members?
If i don't see you at VIR i will be at ****** Run in September.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1/2 off'ers are for rookies - and rookie status is kinda like virginity - no matter how long you've stayed away, Frank, you don't get that "condition: back. ;)

Come down! It'll be fun!!!!

Will BeaveRun have the full course completed by that time? It'll be a VERY busy race for 45 minutes.... Don't know if the crew chief can lap count that high....

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
****** Run hasn't even broke ground on the other course yet.
Still 1.6 miles. should only take 1:05 or less to get around. Bring an abacus. this should help. I'm still a ******, who told you different....

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, it's probably just fluid expansion from extreme heat soak. Red flags are ****** on our cars. You're running WFO making all kinds of heat, then you have to STOP at the first safe place with no cooldown. Like Janni said, I would recommend running the fluid level down about 3/16"-1/4".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper