Is there a public road course close to Long Island

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have never been to a road course. I was thinking maybe early spring. If there is something within a few hours. Thanks

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that in the title , but PlumCrazy is much younger, has better eyesight, and he grabbed it right away.

He also gave you the best track for your purposes, and it is barely over a year old.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I will go to PA,NJ,CT

Watkins Glenn - NASA / EMERA do lots of events there.
Lime Rock -
Pocono has 2 Road Courses, long & short - both use the Nascar Track / NASA / SCCA / NARRA
New Jersey - New Jersey Motorsports Park - Millville, NJ - NASA / SCCA / Driving Schools
Summit Point, WV - NASA / SCCA / Driving Schools

All the tracks listed above also have other driving schools that rent their track.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you're willing to go to PA ViperDays.com will be at Pocono in the summer. They would be the best group to run with.

Yehp, because this is a unique car with special handling characteristics, I personally think the first HPDE should be with an instructor that has one or has driven one a lot.

...that would be NARRA/Viper Days.

...and when you are OFF the track there's ALL kinds of eye candy to keep you busy, people to talk about your car with and you have track support if you need it.:D

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not forget Monticello NY.

mmc6sm.jpg

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of out of your way, but there is a small fun track near Pittsburgh called BeaveRun. The other tracks mentioned are closer to you and better anyway.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And only $20,000,000 to join!!!! Even the track days are pricey there. Good course but I like NJMP better. More run off room.

National membership is 50K one-time fee and $3500 annually. Limits the member to 15 track days, 8 weekend, 7 weekday. Still too rich for my blood but not outrageous IMO. 3500/15 = $233 per day which is very reasonable especially if it's as nice as they say it is.

Monticello Motor Club - Premier country club race resort for automotive enthusiasts

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got on the track with the lotus club for around $400. It included breakfast, lunch and a full day of racing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX