it finally happened: caused an accident tonight.

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been a few close calls... About a month ago, I was in the passing lane of a 2 lane highway, and a SUV started to change into my lane, THEN decides to take a look in the side mirror and saw what was approaching, changed his mind, swerved back to his lane, fishing tailing and almost flipped. Then the same thing happened with a pickup truck a couple weeks later. Another time, I was stopped at a light and all of a sudden, I hear tire screeching, and a saw guy in a Caddy slam on his breaks and barely avoid rear ending the car in front of him. I looked over and saw him still looking at my car so I raised my hand and pointed to the car he almost rear ended... Well tonight, the same thing happened, only this time a guy was driving a BMW, and he didn't stop in time, and rear ended a Hyundai. The beemer's front end was totaled. The Hyundai held up surprisingly well. Maybe it wasn't my fault. Who knows, maybe he was busy checking out the Hyundai and didn't notice the brake lights coming on...

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen... The guy's wife did NOT look happy about the whole situation. <doh>

Mike

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the right lane, had a guy in an Eagle Talon in the left lane, and after leaving a stoplight, in traffic, think he was "passing" me and rear ended the pickup truck in front of him at 40 MPH. Tooooo funny.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
happened to me as well, I was in my classic mustang...but the ego got a little bigger that day :)

OP
OP
A

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure the same thing would have happened if you were driving your Metro :p

Actually, a lot of girls tell me my Metro is "cute". Cute as in small enough to make a Miata look oversized.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Metro, I remember the day like it was yesterday when we traded the Sprint up to the Metro, we were so proud.

Anyway I thought I would add to the accident thread. Last summer after we just got our Viper we were cruising with 5 or 6 other Vipers and the guy in the Honda with 3 people hanging out the window beside us drove up onto the center divider and almost crashed.

Tim

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a couple near misses with staring car drivers, but happily no crashes yet. :laugh:
Still I have had 3 kids fall over, when not looking where they were walking, 2 more crashed on bikes, and one on a skateboard. :eek:

It's definitely a genuine complient I suppose, but it still makes me wince when it happens. :shocked:

Jesse97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I caused an accident on the first day that I drove my car. I was on the freeway behind an old 240sx I pulled up right behind him and I could see him staring in the rear view mirror. I passed him and he kept looking at the car. He didn't see the truck in front of him and all I saw was his front tire bounce behind me and a cloud of steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi