It Wasn't My Time

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It Wasn\'t My Time

Just TOTALED my 2002 RT/10 Viper
Decided to take a night cruise and coming down the FDR (south bound) car in front of me swirls and I try not to hit him and I swirl across the road hit the wall bounced off the wall into the road cars trying not to hit me and one car rams me in the side.
Front tire comes off the airbag didn't go off had put a full tank of gas in thank god the car didn't go up in flames.
The police came over and said they was putting in the report there was oil in the road and then decided that someone should come and cover it.
Bottom line I'm fine I think I have another viper and will keep on enjoying life as each day is my last.
Little tired right now and have to get up in 3 hours to go to work.
Just had to vent a little..Adrian

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It Wasn\'t My Time

glad you're ok !!!

very kool of the cops to say that. that'll help.

im sorry to hear this adrian. good thing about you is ya still have the best looking black GTS around thats in great shape. its only a car. at least you and your wife are fine, thats really all that matters.

hang in there my friend

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian
Very sorry to hear that, but glad you're fine and here to tell about it. If you can walk away from a wreck like that someone is smiling down on you.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a note:
We that know our region VP well, KNOW that this was not the result of any type of agressive drivimg. Adrian's not the type.

Just spoke with Adrian and he's shaken but mostly fine and will go see his doctor on Monday. Just pleased to hear his voice and that he's going to work today!

A few of us are going to be out east this AM and I'm planning to take a look at his car on the way back. I'll post photos. Adrian said the car held up quite well in the serious accident in terms of protecting him.

More to follow...

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

On my God!
I can't believe I'm reading this! Thank God you are alive and well enough to say you have to go to work in 3 hours.
Like Viper Jon says someone was looking out for you.
If there is anything I can do let me know.
Hang in there Adrian
Dave

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian
Very sorry to hear this,glad you are ok.Another RT
gives it's life to protect it's owner!!

Skeeter

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian,
Sorry to hear about the accident. A car is just a car, your health is what's really important. Glad to hear you are Ok!

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Adrian ya know Grammy Bird is always looking over you .Glad to hear your ok, there will be another car.I was in a bad accident last week and fractured my hand and arm.you'll be around for along time my friend.You know if there is anything you need you know your extended family will be there

Russ

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian,

I'm truly sorry to hear what happened. Fortunately you walked away and are able to speak about it, AMEN. As some have written before me, should the need arise, do not hesitate on calling. In an effort to sheer u up; the General rides on....... (no pun intended!)

Sincerely,
Jay

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We took a drive this morning to take a look at the car and pick up some of Adrian's personal goods. I have to say that it's quite disturbing for me to walk around the destroyed Viper of a dear friend. Scared the hell out of me! So SO glad he's around in good health to talk about it. Adrian asked me to post up the photos.

sma5.jpg

sma4.jpg
sma3.jpg
sma7.jpg
smIMG_1899.jpg
smIMG_1911.jpg
smIMG_1903.jpg
smIMG_1907.jpg
smIMG_1901.jpg
smIMG_1910.jpg
smIMG_1908.jpg

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good to see/hear that you and your passenger are OK.
Terrible pictures - been there, done that... :-(

Hopefully, you will be in another snake SOON!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my god that is tough to see knowing a good friend was in that. im really happy to hear you're ok ***.

that says something about the strength of our cars but its not to be taken for granted.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Glad you are OK Adrian :2tu:
Those pics are shocking :( smashed rotor and wheel show how hard that hit must of been....

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is stomach wrenching to see a wrecked car of someone you know, especially when it brings back memories of what my red 98 R/T looked like after being very intimate with a tree and fence one cold night. I am so glad that Adrian is not hurt especially after you see how hard the car hit and heavy metal parts torn in pieces. The image of the license plate tag that is destroyed that I am holding was in the trunk. He was less than 20 inches of being really hurt. Amazing how he walked away without a scratch. He'll put this in the past like many of us that experienced similar situations. Hell I think he's over it already. Good for him!! It took me at least two weeks before I would talk to anybody from depression.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Yikes! Glad you're ok.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I thought I was sick this morning reading the post. Seeing the pictures was like a punch to the gut. Adrian I am so glad that you are ok. It is very disturbing to see the grainy photo of the back of your car and read the license plate.
Dave

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian, I was sick to my stomach when I read this. My wife and I hope you're OK. We met you at a couple of VCA events last year (L.I. cruise and Silo Ridge). Glad to hear you walked away from this. Hope to you see you soon.

- Tony

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian,

Wow. What can we say?
1) Glad you are ok.
2) Knowing your personality, you will shrug this off.
3) Hope that you are up and running in the car of your choice in the near future.

John

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian, glad to see you are ok. Damn, that looks bad but it's nice to see that cockpit intrusion is minimal.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, the car looks bad... Sory to hear about the crash.
Believe me, I know EXCACTLY how you feel.

Thank god YOU are OK, thats the main thing. Rest is just fiberglass.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adrian,
Thank GOD you're OK! I just happened to check the site and read your story not realizing it was you at first....then I saw "Adrian", and really got sick to my stomach.
Vipers are rare but replacable, friends like you are extremely rare and not replaceable!

I hope to see you soon my friend! And if you need to vent just call me up buddy.

God Bless!

Bobby

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CitySnake
Chazz
Steve Katz
Chuck Tator
Skeeter
Dimitrios
Jerz Viper
Dave Moore and His Son
BadVenom
Yo Tony
PlumCrazy
ViperJon
Draco 1
Rocky
Rich Lambert
Vic (So Cal)
Pedro
RedEnuf93
Viper Baz
Viper GTS
TopaWam
Keith aka "Tiger"
Avi
Marc Lublin
SleekRide (Jay)
Russ
Aperugini (Tony)
Patent Law
Mike (Snake Pitt)
Joel Kapit
Flash Gordon

I want to THANK YOU GUYS for your support and wanting to help out. I have another viper but like I told CitySnake today if I didn't Monday morning some lucky dealer would have had another customer to buy a viper. Since being in this VIPER COMMUNITY and meeting new friends there will always be a viper in my household. As you could see from the photos the inside of the viper protected my @ss people can say what they want but Dodge built and amazing machine and also the door wouldn't open when I was trying to get out thinking the car might catch on fire since I had just feel the tank up so I remembered the latch on the inside of the door and it open right up.Don't forget about the latch inside if you ever need to get out and your door is jammed. The car I don't give a $hit about but my wife,family,and my Viper Community...PRICELESS...Never take anything or anyone for granted because at the end of the day...WHATS THAT IMPORTANT...I walked away without a sratch,went to work,laught with my friends,and went out for steak dinner this weekend and looking forward to a cruise with my friends. Like I said before I have another viper and if I can ever do anything for one of you I'm a phone call away. With that said lets get ready for a KICK @SS SEASON 2007 IS A AWESOME YEAR...Adrian Byrd aka General E Rection,*** BLK,Grandma Byrd,and Diamen

P.S. I would like to thank my driving instructor EDDIE GRIFFIN if you ever need lessons please use him I DID :D