Italian Gathering 2009 - Columbus 9/6

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, starting a new thread in the general section for this.

Everyone, here is the information for this year's event. Please let me know if you have any questions. Expect to see a nice collection of 125 cars. The event will take place Sunday September 6th in Dublin, OH. Below is the link to our website and registration info. Hope to see many of you there.

For more registration, sponsorship information or to see pictures from last year's event go to: ITALIAN GATHERING 2006 OHIO FERRARI LAMBORGHINI MASERATI ALFA ROMEO PANTERA LANCIA FIAT EXOTIC car show call 614-471-7535 or email [email protected].

Sounds like from the other thread we have a few Vipers showing up. Kevan will chime in soon, I heard he talked to George today about the show.

See you there :2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with George Evans (owner of Evans Automotive, and the primary for this show) on Weds.
He's a VERY nice guy and would love to see a bunch of Vipers there.

ENTRY FEE: $5, no matter what nationality your ride. :)

PARKING: There are (3) separate areas...
- Grass Lot: This is for the Italians. It is their show after all. LOL
- Paved Lot: This is for the other awesome vehicles, such as the Viper.
- 2nd Lot: This is where the minivans and the like will be parking. Spectators, if you will.

George said that if we get enough (meaning more than 5) Vipers, he'd be happy to rope off a section in the front of the Paved lot just for us.
Stretch, Wolfc2e, and myself makes 3.
I'm sure we can bribe TBSviper to bring down one of his slick rides. Tell him we'll do breakfast at Bob Evans. That might help. :)
Where's LAGalaxy and Jaron? They in town that weekend?
I'll give Sam a call and see if he's up for a chill day in Dublin.
What about the Dayton Crew? Anyone want to buzz over for the day?

For pure humor, I asked George "Since Viper is owned by Fiat now, doesn't that make them Italian?"
His reply: *laugh* "Maybe next year."
:D :D :D

There are a couple of bonuses about this show, at least for me:
- It looks as though there may be an F40 in attendance.
Good thing the EMTs are there because they'll need the Jaws Of Life to get me away from that thing. :D I've lusted after one since they were unveiled, but have never seen one in person.
- As an adoptee myself, I think it's pretty cool that all the proceeds go to the Dave Thomas Foundation. :D
- It's on my 40th B-day! :D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Kevan. In the other thread tbsviper said he was planning to go and was going to try to recruit others I think.

I texted Jaron to see if he's free.

I wasn't really planning to bring mine up but it's very tempting now. I'll see if I can talk the wife into it.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, Stretch!
Want me to talk to your wife for ya? :D
If we're getting reserved space, you *have* to bring.....damn...I forgot her name already! Tiffany?

If you get ahold of Jaron, let him know I need to talk to him about a project we discussed at *******. Feel free to give him my cell.

For some reason, the link to the event didn't transfer over from your other post. I'll put it up again:
ITALIAN GATHERING 2006 OHIO FERRARI LAMBORGHINI MASERATI ALFA ROMEO PANTERA LANCIA FIAT EXOTIC car show
(though it says "2006" in the title, it's really for the 2009 show)

If anyone needs my cell, feel free to PM me.

I think this'll be a very cool show.
Sort of like a getting to know your step-siblings party. :)

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, it's Tiffany. I'll ask the wife tonight and see what she thinks.

Jaron texted me back and he's in. I'll shoot him your cell #.

Where's Mike at? I'm pretty sure he's got an account on here. Any hints as to what cars will be there?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any hints as to what cars will be there?
From looking at the pics from years prior, there's a WIDE array of Italian stuff.
Lots of Ferrari, Lambo, Fiat, Pantera, etc. Someone even brought an 'original' Lamborghini- one of their tractors! :)

Which Mike?
I know about 40 Mikes. LOL

I guess I'll start the list....

CONFIRMED:
- Stretch (Viper TBD)
- Kevan (2005 Ram SRT-10)
- Jaron (2005 Viper SRT-10 convertible)

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll add tbsviper b/c he said in the other thread that he was planning on going.

CONFIRMED:
- Stretch (Viper TBD)
- Mark/Wolfc2e (1997 Viper GTS)
- tbsviper (I'll bet it's a white gen 3)

Mike is my friend from high school who originally asked me to post this info.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll add tbsviper b/c he said in the other thread that he was planning on going.

CONFIRMED:
- Stretch (Viper TBD)

Mike is my friend from high school who originally asked me to post this info.
Thanks for that, just picked up on this thread. I'm in with one, possibly two. Bob Evans sounds good too, Kevan, you know us too well. If you talk to Sam, he may consider a VCA OH e-mail blast to get the word out for those not visiting the board. I also have another maybe you could add to the list.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that, just picked up on this thread. I'm in with one, possibly two. Bob Evans sounds good too, Kevan, you know us too well. If you talk to Sam, he may consider a VCA OH e-mail blast to get the word out for those not visiting the board. I also have another maybe you could add to the list.
Good call, TBS!
There aren't any Bob Evans over by the show, but there's one here at Morse & Hamilton.
If you know of a different place that has waffles, I'm up for that too. :D

I talked to Sam yesterday. He's got a big family reunion he's doing next weekend, but said he might be able to slip away on Sunday for a few hours and come up and hang with us for a few.
I'll keep you guys updated.

I'll take a printout of the list to Mr. Evans on Weds. or Thurs. and let him know we'd appreciate the special space.

Got some new mods coming on the truck this week.
I hope you guys like them!
(those who know what they are, don't spill the beans!)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with George Evans (owner of Evans Automotive, and the primary for this show) on Weds.
He's a VERY nice guy and would love to see a bunch of Vipers there.

ENTRY FEE: $5, no matter what nationality your ride. :)
:D
Kevan, registration form said $25 early registration, $35 at gate and $5 for visitors. Can you confirm what applies if we show our Vipers? Also, would we be in the "Other" category?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan, registration form said $25 early registration, $35 at gate and $5 for visitors. Can you confirm what applies if we show our Vipers? Also, would we be in the "Other" category?
Thanks for reading the fine print, Tom!
The $25/$35 is for ITALIAN rides.
$5 is for our Vipers and the other show-entry cars.
$5 is the Spectator charge.

I will triple-check that with Mr. Evans and post any corrections.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated list....

CONFIRMED:
- Stretch (Viper TBD!!!!)
- Chrissss (red gen 3?, from the other thread)

Maybes
- Sam
- Yellow gen 2 tbs talked to
- tbsviper numero dos

I texted one more but no response yet.

Anybody else planning to go?

What time should we plan to get there Kevan?
And is there any interest in meeting up before hand and cruising over together?

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a Bob Evans right behind the Mag Ferrari Dealership. Couldn't be any closer.

I was thinking of coming weather permiting and what is going on, so far so good. I just bought a property that I need to get ready to rent but bet I could get away for a few hours. Will try to find a copliot. Damn you guys your going to make me have to clean my car.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 more! Hope you both can make it

CONFIRMED:
- GTSPOWERED (97 GTS)
- lagalaxy (srt-10)

Maybes
- Sam
- Yellow gen 2 tbs talked to
- tbsviper numero dos

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated 9.1.09.....

CONFIRMED:

MAYBES:
- Sam
- RCdice
- tbsviper numero dos
- GTSPOWERED
- LAgalaxy

What time should we plan to get there Kevan?
And is there any interest in meeting up before hand and cruising over together?
There is a Bob Evans right behind the Mag Ferrari Dealership. Couldn't be any closer.
I'm likin' that idea. It's close, good parking, and I love me some blueberry crepes!
("Wait. Are they the really thin pancakes?" LOL)

Doors to the event open at 10AM. I think we should be timely. :)
Breakfast at Bob Evans @ 8:30AM
That'll give us a bunch of time to BS about how much HP we have and who saw the most cops along I-270.

Bob Evans on Post Road
MAP: Google Maps
(I-270 @ 161; West side)
5067 Post Road
Dublin, OH 43017
Restaurant is just to the East of I-270.

Looks like a great time I will be there weather permitting.
I was thinking of coming weather permiting and what is going on, so far so good. I just bought a property that I need to get ready to rent but bet I could get away for a few hours. Will try to find a copliot. Damn you guys your going to make me have to clean my car.
Excellent to hear from you guys!!!
Weather looks FANTASTIC for the weekend.
The Horsepower Fairies should be out in abundance early on Sun. morning (about 60F...heh heh)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan,

I see you suggested breakfast at 8:30 and it looks like some coming from Cincy, Zanesville, and elsewhere. Registration is 10-Noon with show Noon to 4. I know you're anxious to see the Lamborghini tractor but I was curious to hear feedback regarding when to meet for breakfast .... its a holiday weekend, thought I'd sleep in (code for need time to spiffy up the Viper for the show).

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan,

I see you suggested breakfast at 8:30 and it looks like some coming from Cincy, Zanesville, and elsewhere. Registration is 10-Noon with show Noon to 4. I know you're anxious to see the Lamborghini tractor but I was curious to hear feedback regarding when to meet for breakfast .... its a holiday weekend, thought I'd sleep in (code for need time to spiffy up the Viper for the show).
That tractor is pretty sweet. :)
How about 9AM or 9:30AM?
Any later than that and we'll run into the sunday brunch crowd.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't make breakfest, but plan to show up sometime.
I too will be a little bit late. I'll be getting there at about 1pm..
No problem, guys.
We'll save spots for ya at the show.

I'm headed over to talk with George again this morning and reserve our little space. I have a map of the grounds so I'll get us a little graphic of what is where with who. :)

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem, guys.
We'll save spots for ya at the show.

I'm headed over to talk with George again this morning and reserve our little space. I have a map of the grounds so I'll get us a little graphic of what is where with who.

Excellent. The weather looks like it's going to be amazing this weekend! I'm excited.

:headbang:

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email from my friend last night and Vipers came up as a discussion point in their last planning meeting. Apparently we are getting our own section close to the Italian cars :2tu:

Can't wait to see everyone!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from talking with Mr. Evans about this weekend.
They're expecting a nice big turnout this year.
He's a very cool guy and is excited to see so many Vipers coming out!

I spoke with him regarding parking, and here's a quick map:
You must be registered for see images attach

The Viper Corral will be ONE of those two red boxes. Not both.

Oh, and there was a "Back To The Future 2" DeLorean in the parking lot today.
Complete with Cuisinart. :)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in. I'll be out of town the night before, but, will try to get back asap Sunday a.m. Probably will make this event by 1:00 at the earliest. I will be there.

FWIW, I try to attend this event every year (usually without my Viper) and it is great. Very laid back and a very cool selection of cars. If the weather is good, which it looks to be, the cars will be there.

Kevan: As you probably know, the F40 that typically shows up is owned by George Evans. An awesome car. His is mostly stock. However, I believe he added larger twin tubos to boost the hp to well over 500. Just a small mod on a Ferrari. :D Pretty significant if you figure the car weighs less than 3k lbs. If I had an unlimited amount of $$ drop in my lap tomorrow... 1st two cars I'd buy would be an original 427 Cobra and an F40. Awesome!!!

Some pix from Italian Fest 2008

IM0000191.jpg

IM000021.jpg

IM0000251.jpg

Me, with VCA shirt, standing in front of a very nice Murcielago
IM0000332.jpg

The F40
IM0000361.jpg

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in. I'll be out of town the night before, but, will try to get back asap Sunday a.m. Probably will make this event by 1:00 at the earliest. I will be there.
Excellent, RCdice!
See ya there!

Kevan: As you probably know, the F40 that typically shows up is owned by George Evans. An awesome car. His is mostly stock. However, I believe he added larger twin tubos to boost the hp to well over 500. Just a small mod on a Ferrari. :D Pretty significant if you figure the car weighs less than 3k lbs. If I had an unlimited amount of $$ drop in my lap tomorrow... 1st two cars I'd buy would be an original 427 Cobra and an F40. Awesome!!!

The F40
IM0000361.jpg
Yeah.
I spoke with George about it on Weds. He's a proud owner and certainly takes care of his rides.
In looking at some other pics of his F40, it looks as though it's been "USA-ized": front bumper rubber trim, reflectors, etc.
My guess is that it's a newer one too as it has roll-down windows instead of the 'sliding brick' the first years had.
An absolutely gorgeous example of an automobile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4