It's done....

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It\'s done....

It's complete. I finished installing all my mods this week - piece of cake :laugh:

Just a couple little snags - nothing the right tool wouldn't have made a lot easier.........

It went great - the illustrated example for the Corsa was fantastic. The random hi-flow cats fit on perfect (the right length, perfect reducer, etc...)

I took the advice of most of the responses and got the cats welded at my friendly Pronto Muffler shop (the only thing I couldn't do myself). Didn't even throw a code on the trip over...

All in all it only took me about 6.5 hours of work. A good portion was modifying my skill saw to a cut off saw for the old cats..... (Dang safety devices and brackets got in the way - but hey - if I can handle the Viper - what's a skill saw without all the safety features? Still safer than driving the Viper :D

I understand a lot more about the side sill screws - definitely a future project.

And most of all - I love the sound. I'm glad I didn't go louder - Corsa is perfect for a street driver in the "neighborhood." But it's got plenty of oomf!

On many older cars you had to "reset" the electronics when you did modifications - do you have to do this with the Gen II vipers? (Usually just unplugging the battery for a while and then plugging it back in).

I.E. Will the viper automatically adjust the mixture and everything due to the exhaust changes, smooth tubes, and filters?

Thanks to everyone for all the good advice - especially the North Texas Viper Club.

Working on a new car sure is a lot more fun than working on the older, rusted, ones. I actually didn't lose a single bit of skin off of my knuckles - a common occurance when working on the truck.

I LOVE MY VIPER....... :) :laugh: :D

P.S. I hope I'm not catching the addiction for add-on...... :rolleyes:

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s done....

Now don't forget to come to the Dyno today and see if you made any HP for
your hard work :)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

It should not be necessary to disconnect the battery. The computer will adjust to these mods. Sounds like you've definitely caught the " mod bug ". Once bitten forget it. I've told my wife this will be the last mod about five times now. Good thing I have a great wife! BTW, I just ordered #6 a Venom rear bumper with built in diffuser tunnel. Will be installed in about a week. Will post pics when done...I think I'm done now...maybe? After the drive back from this months meeting the wife wants a Hans Device for the passenger seat! :D ...#7? Is there a Viper Mods Anonymous group (VMA)?...I'm addicted. Can't wait for the added rear end down force at speed. See you at the April meeting! I didn't make the Dyno run either (already been done) due to the fact I'm watching the entire 12 Hours of Sebring on SPEED today. Go Viper! :usa:

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once you get started you can't stop :laugh: . The corsa sounds great too. Which system did you buy? The 3" or 2"? I want to install the random tech cats myself but I can't do welding, I may do what you said and have a muffler shop do the welds for me. Couldn't you just clamp them on to save time and effort?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made up an illustrated upgrade for the Random Tech cat installation with the 3" Corsa. Let me know if anyone is interested. I submitted it to the board about 8 months ago but never heard anything.

Reaction score

I got ya' covered Jeff! :) I know I am SLOW! As many VCA Members can see, I am working to relocate the Illustrated Instructions....I find a little time each night and weekend to work on them. Luckily....I just got done with a marathon evolution of installing a new kitchen, WHEW! Sorry for the delay all! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog