Jack Question

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, used the search for "low profile Jack" and just "jack" and got every post imaginable except the ones I wanted. So here goes....got my PS2's today. They alsmost stuck to my hands when I loaded them!!!! They are certainly sticky. Anyway now I need to get a jack that will slip under the Viper. There was a post awhile ago about them but if you can find it you are better than me. Thanks. :confused:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Several have reported jack "happiness" with the low profile, aluminum jack from Harbor Freight...prices vary from $79-129.00 ( I have one and am happy). Sears Craftsman has a similar jack for around $130+...the last time I checked. Get one that is rated to lift at least 3000 lbs. for safety reasons...remembering that jacking a Viper tends to lift one whole side.

OP
OP
M

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your advise guys.....guess it's Harbor Freight time. I don't have much clearance on the front jack points. I measured it last night and I barely have 4 inches. :nono:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the best ...I have one and I love it AC Hydraulic DK 13HLQ................... Weight Capacity - 1.4 tons (2800 lbs)
Undercar Clearance - Excellent at 80mm (3.1")
Under 4" height for 16" of reach
Lift Height - approx 28"
Jack Weight - approx 85 lbs
DK13HLQ - $495.00 (with quick lift pedal)
Optional Rubber Jackpad - $30.00 ove it....I would never trust a $100 jack

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....I would never trust a $100 jack

Steve:

A bunch of us have been using the $139 Harbor Freight jack for years on our race cars without a SINGLE problem.
The jack is very well made and yes, it's made in China and it's why the price is so low but that do not mean that i's not a good quality product.
You will be surprised on how many car/truck manufacturer use "made in china" parts on their vehicle (GM wheels, driveshafts,etc)
furthermore, until up to about 6 years ago when Harbor freight started selling the jack ( at $200 BTW) there was absolutly no competion in the aluminum jack market and the average price was $700+. since then,as it's always happen in a market economy, prices went down on ALL aluminum jacks.

Luc. 00GTS

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the difference is withe HArbor Freight's $129.99 jack and $79.99 jack. The $79.99 looks like smaller but not sure what else.

Thanks

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the difference is withe HArbor Freight's $129.99 jack and $79.99 jack. The $79.99 looks like smaller but not sure what else.

Thanks

One is the "rapid pump" (the $129 one), the other is not. So probably the only difference is the valving on the strut. I have the rapid pump, and it rocks.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a couple of these jacks from northerntool. The lift range is 3 1/4in. - 17 1/2in. It has double pistons which get it to full lift in 3-4 pumps, works great. They have a sale right now. You can get the jack with two 3-ton jack stands for $149. Click Here

You must be registered for see images

They also sell a single piston pump jack for 89.99 Here

You must be registered for see images

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at the craftsman jack but it only goes down to 3 3/4". I'm not sure that is low enough if you get a flat?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Harbor Freight $129 jack. It's wonderful. Ordered online with regular shipping and it was on my front porch the next DAY! Apparently they have a local warehouse in my town.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That $80 harbor freight jack rules. Never use a jack ($20 or $2000) without jack stands or something similar. I've been using mine for about 5 years now. Haven't heard about anybody here who has had a failure.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does this Autobarn jack work in tight quarters. If the Viper is close to a garage wall, and you got that 51" long handle, do you have to approach the car at a sharp angle to be able to pump, or can you pump it while the handle is somewhat vertical? I agree, this $179 one looks like the best, and it will get down to 2-3/4" and lift 2 tons, and, and, and, it is made in "America"

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the jack that the snakeoyle products carry...kind of pricey...$559, but looks low profile!

btw, i have a low profile roush racing 2 1/2 ton jack i bought from sam's (2 years ago)for less than 60 bucks!!! use it all the time on the viper and my 2 suv's. very versital if you can still find one.

just curious if the $559 jack is really worth it?

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet but.....

drive the car up onto some 2x4's or something similar to increase the clearance between the rockers and the ground. This will allow you to reach the side lift points or the even the crossmember if your car is high enough.

I have the $179 HF heavy duty aluminum jack and it works great. It lifts my Viper and even my truck with ease. No need to pay $500+ for a jack, stands should always be used when working on a lifted vehicle anyway.

Rob

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $80 HF jack still works great. One caster lost it's bearings but it's still usable after almost 8 years now. In terms of worrying about it, I've never had too. Those talking about trustworthiness probably don't spend any time under the car. Never rely on a $80 or $800 jack to keep the car up. Please use jack stands and chock up the wheels for safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te