Jamie Furman drives Heffner S/C car to 10.74

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:

The first supercharged Viper in the 10's at the VOI drags was my Heffner supercharged RT/10 driven by Jamie Furman. Jamie's last run in the MOD II class (before the rain started) was 10.74 sec at 134.7 MPH . All of Jamie's runs during eliminations were in the 10's. The runs were made on Michelin Pilot Sport radials. Unfortunately I decided a long time ago to install StopTech brakes which preclude me from running slicks because 16" and most 17" wheels do not fit.

It was shaping up to be a battle for the title between Jamie Furman, George Bryce (Lingenfelter Viper), and I believe Norm Koerner (House of Speed car).

More to come...

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Great times and MPH. What mods, if any, do you have besides the SC (heads,cam,etc.??).

Good to see Heffner's car putting up good numbers. I'm glad my shop, House of Speed, was still in the running with Norm's all motor car.

I need to hurry up and get my car done.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GaryA your car is very impressive especially since Jamie is running on street tires. Heffner doesn't have the hugh numbers but boy does that car produce results. Hopefully Jamie keeps up the good driving and brings home the bacon.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please fellows Don't forget my DLM Supercharged car was doing as well if not better than most. You seemed to leave me out of the finals. My ET was 10.7 at nearly 140 MPH. Just think about, I Dont even Know how to drive!

Please someone set up a track and let's get it on!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc, noone is forgetting you or trying to take away from the magnificent performance your car displayed. I do have to agree with Jamie, while you may not have drag raced much, there is no problem with your driving, you looked like a pro. If you want to see a case af bad driving please refer to Dan Black, sorry Dan but you said it yourself.
What Gary and Jamie are trying to point out is that Gary's car was not on drag tires, he was on radials and running pretty well against cars with slicks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302