Jet-Hot Coating.....Anyone experienced???

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this. I know the benefits but just wanted some feedback on what parts you had coated and what your opinion is of the result. I just purchased some Borla headers and was going to have them coated.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll handle the Jet-Hot coating if you tell us when the next photo shoot is :) Borlas Headers are stainless so they run hot so coating is a good idea. So we got a deal or what? :)

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Niz, I ceramic coated my 98+ headers on my 97 car, and coated the entire exhaust, cats included, inside and out, all the way to the back muffler.

If you do it, be sure and add the OEM header blankets over the headers, there has still been some fire action on coated cars, ask the Wizard and he shall vouch!!

Heat is dropped big time, well worth the price of admission, I had a local shop do the coating for half the price of jet hot, and saved some bucks by skipping the polishing on everything other than the headers as it's covered under the sills anyways, I think around $300 US for headers to rear muffler from a shop in Michigan.

Good luck,

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan;

How is the durability on the headers? Did they coat inside and out?

Thanks

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had many parts coated by Jet Hot here in Arizona. I've been very happy with them and their service. I would recommend the shiny silver coating inside and out for exhaust parts. Never had a problem with them. There are other choices out there. Pete the ex glass guy

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

Ryan....They coat them inside and out. It will not turn colors like chrome or
stainless. Also it lowers under-hood temperatures by 40 degrees, keeps
the pipes 25% cooler and gets you 1-3% extra horsepower. Of course,
it's highly rust resistant as well - 140x better than paint. Because of
that they expect it to increase part life be 10x or more.

All parts receive a 3 year unlimited guarantee that covers chipping,
peeling, cracking, discoloration, rusting - anything. New parts also
get a lifetime rust through warranty as well.

REDSLED...You got a deal!!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had JetHot "chrome silver" (they have a name for it) on my B&B headers on the Z-06. Had great service and turn-around from the Philly location. Coated in and out, slick as glass finish. Stayed silvery for 18 months of hard a$$ driving with no discoloration. Their "standard" coating color is a gray color (yuk imho).
There is also a true ceramic coating that a bunch of the Vette guys were using at the time I was investigating, (can't think of the company) but it ain't pretty, its gray and VERY textured like rough sandpaper, but the folks that have it swear by it as far as the heat transfer properties.
I looked into it, but since I am a poser, I went with the bling bling finish! LOL!!
HTH

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finish is called "sterling".

Sounds like its a go for me. I have heard nothing but positive response.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have heard Jet Hot is THE company to coat headers.

Many people make the mistake of buying coated headers from various manufacturers. (My TTS long tubes started blistering, flaking, and rusting just over 1/2 year old.)

No one has the warranty Jet Hot has.

There's a good reason for that.

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found out from Jet-Hot that they can not coat the valve covers being magnesium.
Back to the drawing board.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you were doing headers?
Do you want a different color on your valve covers? If so you might look into powdercoating.

OP
OP
N

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing the headers, they are in route to Jet-hot. I was hoping to do the valve covers to achieve the same look.
How much does powder coating cost and can you achieve the same look??