John Phillips of Car & Driver Just Plain Rips on the Viper

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He is an old-fat guy! (no offense anyone). But he is probably more worried about getting enough fiber in his diet. America loves the Dodge Viper....it is Iconic! Every car guy, as a kid had a poster of a Viper on his wall!

John Phillips needs to stick with walking his dog in his sandals and white socks. He obviously does not enjoy excitement anymore. Saying you dislike Vipers is like saying you don't like pizza or hamburgers or beer! If you don't like pizza, burgers, beer and Vipers, you may as well not call yourself a man! But wait, it does appears he likes food! Doh!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly a case of a frustrated, disgruntled automotive writer with driving skill set dysfunction. He needs to get a prescription for Drivalis.​

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think there is always an inherent issue with any car review. Everyone has their tastes and biases one way or the other. Some people just don't care for the less "refined" nature of the Viper, but that's exactly why it was built that way. It's not meant to be a GT luxury cruiser, it's meant to remind you that you're driving the closest thing to a race car with a license plate. At least that's how I've always viewed the design. Can they make ludicrously fast cars that are also comfortable? Sure, there are companies out there that do that, but that's not what I wanted. Saying the car ***** because it's loud and rides rough and requires skill to drive doesn't mean it's a bad car, it just means it's not the car for you.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to be cruel but he makes references to Elton John, ping pong, shaking for fifteen minutes after he screwed up while driving ( I assume the Depends worked since he does not reference any wetness), a girl friend who burned herself on the side bolster ( next time how about warning her - after all you are an automotive writer - what a putz), and did he waste those eggs he cooked on the side bolster, eat them, or mash them up and use them as a gel for his comb over? PETA wants to know.

On a more serious note, the fact that he did not mention that the new ACR Extreme Aero package Viper now is the fastest road course streetable production car in the world at almost any price is a bit suspicious.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235