Joining in the Fun

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy,

Had my 1994 Red RT/10 delivered yesterday (all of 9000 miles on it), got it registered in PA & Tags today. Going for state inspection tomorrow

Of course, with so few miles felt I had to make sure the engine worked in all gears tonight :)

Attached is a pic (if I get this posting thing right). The pic is from the ebay posting so if you recognize it, let me know... I'm sure I'll have plenty more over the years to add to it

Happy Driving

Attachments

• Victor Viper.jpg
    Victor Viper.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase...very nice! Welcome to viper ownership...as so many have posted before...go easy on it until you get a good feel for the power to the rear wheels :2tu:.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! That's some low miles for a gen 1. I thought mine were low at 18k last year when I bought it but you win.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exceptionally low mileage had me a bit concerned. I calculated it out to be around 600 miles per year over it's life.....I could do that in a day, so not sure what the previous owners were thinking....if you got it, drive it

So far, all is good .... I'll just have to get one of those 3 piece tops and some real windows or this will be sitting in the garage more than I would like

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats and welcome

been said 100's of times, check the age of your tires and respect the torque

so much fun

V

Venomiss

Welcome to the fun and hope to see many more pictures of your new ride.

Lobotomy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like my story! Purchased my 2001 RT/10 about 2 months ago and it had 16,000 miles on it. I thought how can you not drive a car like this? In 2 months me and the lovely wife have managed to put 3,000 miles more on the car. Many long drives to a nice restaurant on the weekend or a small town or park or point of interest. Really any excuse works and with winter coming soon it will be into storage and all we will have are the memories til spring. Sooooo much fun!

Attachments

• viper thumb.jpg
    viper thumb.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 149

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, all is good .... I'll just have to get one of those 3 piece tops and some real windows or this will be sitting in the garage more than I would like

I suspect your low mileage '94 has been well kept for the last 15 years. Now it's time to have fun with it!! BTW, the cloth top and fake windows actually work!

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone

Passed inspection fine, tires are new. Viper Tech suggested fluid changes .... had to cut the test drive short tonight as there was lightning in the distance ... didn't want to get caught in the rain with no top.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... didn't want to get caught in the rain with no top.

i'm sure you already thought of it, but a few large towels in the trunk always a good thing

i also bought a cheapo shower curtain liner (folded up new it is about the size of a magazine folded in half) and keep it in the pocket behind the seat just in case

this time of year is so nice going ******* at night

enjoy :drive:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow those are some low miles, you might need someone to drive it for ya' just to make sure all is working well.

tell ya' what...I'll drive over with my Toyota camry, we swap keys, and I take care of those LOW miles for ya', whatcha say?:eater:

congrats and welcome on the beautiful Viper:headbang:

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie ... but why would you want the keys to my Altima when you already have a kickin Viper?

I'm doing quite fine adding up the miles already .... but perhaps someday you can show me how it drives on a track

Oh, today's update ... ordered 3 piece hardtop and windows from Jeff

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie ... but why would you want the keys to my Altima when you already have a kickin Viper?

I'm doing quite fine adding up the miles already .... but perhaps someday you can show me how it drives on a track

Oh, today's update ... ordered 3 piece hardtop and windows from Jeff

anytime you want to run Mid OH or Putnam, those are my 'home' tracks...let me know I will hook you up at the 'best' rate:D .....and make sure to give you some hotlaps in my Viper.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my first good pictures of the new RT/10

Was debating if I was going to take it out today, gray clouds and some early sprinkles ... but decided that it can't just sit in the garage

So does the feeling that once you're on the road that some alert goes off in all police headquarters for miles around ever go away?

Attachments

• IMG_4912.jpg
    IMG_4912.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=676Enjoy your "new" car. Got my "94 red is the fastest color" about this time last year with 15000 miles on it. Bought it sight unseen except for pics and had it delivered in a closed carrier. Have not had a single problem. Replaced the original tires and haven't looked back. Car is a blast and a definite attention getter. Surprised no one mentioned the dreaded head gasket issue. Put it on a lift and see of you have the original gaskets. Eventually they will start to seep and need replacing. Not a matter of "if" it's a matter of when. It's gonna happen.
Enjoy your ride!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth