Just a note about the Viper

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from a Friday night/ Saturday morning ride in the Viper. I honestly can say that I love the car more every time I drive and become familiar with the car. As I was driving down the main part of town, in the distance I saw a Blue with White Stripes GTS. What a traffic stopper, a definite beauty. As I drove by it, with cars honking as I was going 10 miles an hour, I thought how can there be such an animosity between some people on this forum about which Viper is the best. I mean we belong to an exclusive line of car owners with every Viper having it's definitive features that make it the best of that year. Hell. if I had the money I would own an R/T, GTS, SRT-10 and the new Coupe. It is great to drive around town and see only 1 other Viper but yet see at least 20 vettes,however the '67 Vette was quite impressive. Even this morning as I was taking advantage of the nice day here, I was driving down the street when a red F355 came roaring beside me to comment on the Viper. I mean how many times do you think a Ferrari guy takes the time to comment on a vette. I guess what I am saying is that I LOVE THIS CAR and I LOVE THIS FAMILY. We truly own the finest car out there!

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 110%. Every year viper was great for that year and many years to come. We all have our "druthers" but that is not to say the other models aren't awsome. I wish that I could own one of each. :2tu:

How is Okla.? I was born and raised there, but moved to Az. in 77.

Doc

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EVERY YEAR snake is awesome IMO.

people say im crazy but I would honestly take a 12 year old viper over a brand new ferrari or lambo (well if selling the ferrari and buying a few snakes was not an option)

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 110%. Every year viper was great for that year and many years to come. We all have our "druthers" but that is not to say the other models aren't awsome. I wish that I could own one of each. :2tu:

How is Okla.? I was born and raised there, but moved to Az. in 77.

Doc

Oklahoma isn't as bad as it used to be, still a quiet little state. Great thing is that everything is so cheap, which affords us to travel more and have a nice house. Another thing is that there are fewer Viper owners here so every time you drive around the GAWK factor is amazing. Lots of people speed up to look at the car and even take pictures. Wouldn't trade this car for anything, but I am looking at trying to get a GTS ACR this summer. My favorite is the black with stripes.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

people say im crazy but I would honestly take a 12 year old viper over a brand new ferrari or lambo (well if selling the ferrari and buying a few snakes was not an option)

Im glad to know someone else feels the same way I do. Dont get me wrong, Lambos and Ferraris are nice exotics, but theres something about a Viper that does it for me.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are SOO right.. YOu know what really irks me? It's peoples loyalty. I'm a viper guy and WILL be a viper guy in the future. It's so funny how a GenI/II guy will downright belittle a genIII owner and or switch to a *gulp* vette.....

Every car evolves, unfortunatley not every man does.. ;)
I personally thikn the future of the viper is going to be incredible!! ;)

G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just need to close one nice deal and it's either a coupe or a 625HP Convertible '07 - '08 viper....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G

you will NEVER see me bash a gen 3 or gen 3 owner and you cantake that to the bank.

Austin alot of people will say were nuts LMAO f*ck em lol

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G

you will NEVER see me bash a gen 3 or gen 3 owner and you cantake that to the bank.

Austin alot of people will say were nuts LMAO f*ck em lol

Hahaha!! I dont think we're nuts, I just think we're LOYAL. :cool:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Viper is a Viper is a Viper...

I like them all. I just wish I could see at least one drive down the street like everyone else around me does :)

Poetry in motion...
Santo

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are SOO right.. YOu know what really irks me? It's peoples loyalty. I'm a viper guy and WILL be a viper guy in the future. It's so funny how a GenI/II guy will downright belittle a genIII owner and or switch to a *gulp* vette.....
G

While I completely agree that things get way out of hand here with the bickering, the gen3 guys are as much to blame, and there are just as many turncoats that own gen3's. Let's try not to point fingers in the middle of a kumbya moment. :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could we please all remember that there are only 4 or 5 Gen 2 guys that take ALL the shots at the gen 3. Keep track of the names when it happens, it's the same 4 or 5 guys every time, they do it so often they seem like an army.

The most common perps ...
Vipah
Mopar 426
Safire

I'll give the other two or three a pass for now as they have not done it as often and in the case of one I think he stumbled into it by accident and the other one seems to be drawn into it when a Gen 3 guy jumps in and fires back.
My point is it's only 4 or 5 guys, the SAME guys all the time. It's NOT some big hate wave by the Gen 2 guys, it ain't happening, and it's sad that some of the gen 3 guys perceive it that way instead of being properly incensed at the vile meanderings of just a few rabble rousers who may or may not even own a Viper. As an example, Mopar 426 has never owned a Viper, but he's EVERYWHERE in these discussions and he is always negative regarding the Gen 3.
As for me, I'll keep the GTS forever, but I think that as of tonight I just found the car that looks as good if not better. I've been shopping SRT's for a while, almost pulled the trigger on the blue convertible,,,, then the coupe arrived and I have been as they say....conflicted....until this thread below.
Anybody who does not think THIS looks as good as a GTS needs serious medications! :headbang:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=614780&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post614814

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im glad to know someone else feels the same way I do. Dont get me wrong, Lambos and Ferraris are nice exotics, but theres something about a Viper that does it for me.

Ditto :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could we please all remember that there are only 4 or 5 Gen 2 guys that take ALL the shots at the gen 3. Keep track of the names when it happens, it's the same 4 or 5 guys every time, they do it so often they seem like an army.

The most common perps ...
Vipah
Mopar 426
Safire

I'll give the other two or three a pass for now as they have not done it as often and in the case of one I think he stumbled into it by accident and the other one seems to be drawn into it when a Gen 3 guy jumps in and fires back.
My point is it's only 4 or 5 guys, the SAME guys all the time. It's NOT some big hate wave by the Gen 2 guys, it ain't happening, and it's sad that some of the gen 3 guys perceive it that way instead of being properly incensed at the vile meanderings of just a few rabble rousers who may or may not even own a Viper. As an example, Mopar 426 has never owned a Viper, but he's EVERYWHERE in these discussions and he is always negative regarding the Gen 3.
As for me, I'll keep the GTS forever, but I think that as of tonight I just found the car that looks as good if not better. I've been shopping SRT's for a while, almost pulled the trigger on the blue convertible,,,, then the coupe arrived and I have been as they say....conflicted....until this thread below.
Anybody who does not think THIS looks as good as a GTS needs serious medications! :headbang:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=614780&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post614814

Other than the big lower lip, it is so awesome, I'm almost tempted to trade my gts for it. I've said it before, but I was never a huge fan of the gen 1/2's in solid black, but the new coupe in black is just bad@$$.

Everytime I drive a gen3, I am amazed at the improvements over a gen2, and hopeful that DC's next turn will improve at the same rate, if not more. :2tu:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marlindreams, I could not agree more! After owning 6 Corvettes the Viper is truly the special car! I love owning and I and I love to see other people get some excitement when they see the car driving down the road. I love being at a red light at an intersection and seeing the people pointing, smiling, giving me the thumbs up. The car is like a big go-cart on steroids and is so damn fun to drive!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WARFANG, you are so correct. Why is it that NON VIPER OWNERS are allowed to bash on us here? I thought this forum was for VIPER OWNERS. Maybe DC thinks they will sell VIPERS to these wan-a-bees.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean we belong to an exclusive line of car owners with every Viper having it's definitive features that make it the best of that year.

I really agree. Just like in general public, people on this board seem to either love or hate McVipers. Only a couple of @$$holes here resort to actually "making fun" of them. Back before I bought my Viper, i just assumed all Viper people were nice (all the ones I ever met prior to buying mine were). Just because every Viper is awesome, doesnt mean its owner is going to be worth a flip. When I ask someone to make my car payment, I'll listen to their griping about the car. Until then, their negative opinions are worth as much as their personality...absolutely nothing! Sorry to mess up the group hug, but the bickering between Gen 1 & 2 vs. Gen 3, forged pistons vs. cast iron pistons, color choices etc. is just really immature. In the end, their all V10's, gorgeous and extremely FAST! Cant we all just get along? :D

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with LEE00BLACK. I have a GTS that I dearly love and will keep forever, BUT, the BLACK SRT10 coupe is AWSOME!!!!(not as fast as a RED one, right Wizard?). Who wouldn't want that coupe sitting in your garage? Thank you DC for some great cars, and I hope many more to come.

Doc

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe DC thinks they will sell VIPERS to these wan-a-bees.

Are you going to tell me that there was never a time in your life you "wanted" a Viper before you actually got one?

I agree that people who do not own Vipers should not bash on those that do for any reason. However, to say that only Viper owners should be allowed on this site is arrogant and elitist. I personally subscribed to this forum for two reasons.

1. I wanted to educate myself before I bought a Viper.

2. The greater majority of members on this site are nice, helpful, and encouraging whether you own a Viper or not.

Fortunately, I have not run into too many people that share your opinion.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just be clear. I am 52. I have pretty much seen Vettes since the beginning. Never had much real desire to buy one, except for the 60's versions. Styling since then is not much to get excited about.

Since day 1 Vipers have had my adrenalin pumping! Gen I,II, or III? Come on! Each and every one is special. Of course, Yellow Gen IIs are the best.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang